3Rd Explorer Prototype, Zebrawood

No sir, that idea is gone for this one. It is done and sold the way it is in the pictures.

I do, however, have a new set of plans for the next few.

I got some alder and maple. I think will do a black painted back and sides, and do the top with veneer, and red with blackburst.

I actually havnt done a zero fret in about 2 years. I am still a very firm believer in them. But the market is against them and wont trust them. So i had to go back to normal style to get people to buy them.

Can't stand Zero frets. Hate the noise of the string sliding on the zero fret during first position bends... (maybe I should try a stainless zero fret)

Glad you didn't color it. I love my zebras plain.

I actually havnt done a zero fret in about 2 years. I am still a very firm believer in them. But the market is against them and wont trust them. So i had to go back to normal style to get people to buy them.

Can't stand Zero frets. Hate the noise of the string sliding on the zero fret during first position bends... (maybe I should try a stainless zero fret)

Glad you didn't color it. I love my zebras plain.

Interesting, I never noticed that before on mine.

Thanks, that is exactly what i was going for! The kelly/ explorer hybrid.

Interesting, I never noticed that before on mine.

Yeah it seems to crop up as the instrument gets older and the zero fret wears down. If there is not enough break angle at the zero and enough spacing behind it is when you really notice it. If the string spacer is really close to the zero I doubt you would notice it though.

It could be that I have never done one myself and maintained the guitar properly. The only zero frets I have played are my cheap Steinberger and some knock off imports.

Yeah, the zero fret and the guide nut need to be as close as is feasible to reduce wear on the fret from general bending and tuning. I don't think nickel-silver fretwire is that appropriate for a zero in the longer term because of the constant pressure and wear. My only zeros are stainless or Evo wire. No problems with either of them. Wouldn't consider NS.