Original's '14

^Thanks Scott. That's the one that started all the madness. Until then I was happy with other peoples guitar's.

I made a few covers last night. I needed a white dogear P-90 for the junior that I'm making. I've been using black 1/16" ABS up until now. This HIPS (high impact polystyrene) is much easier to work with. It draws down tight, and it's quicker to get to a working temperature. I need to get some of this in black.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q15LqTowvhA#t=90

HIPS01_zps767f571a.jpg

The Guitar is getting a Doghait, AKA Silverfox finish with white plastics.

chanceupdate_zpsf73d8c86.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks everyone, I dig the way the finish turned out. That was my first attempt at that. The contrast of the white plastic really makes it pop. This one has a look all it's own. White P-90 covers don't exist unless you make them yourself. The one on this guitar had to be extra tall to work with the adjustable wraparound bridge. I put camber on the bottom of the cover t make the top sit parallel with the strings. The neck angle is steep. It would have looked funny otherwise.

Really nice look there with the with plastic parts.

Just for reference: Mojo has white P90 covers

http://www.mojotone.com/guitar-parts/pickup-covers-p-90/P-90-Soap-Bar-Pickup-Cover-White-50mm#.VAsDCEtfF0Y

Soapbar, yes, dogear, no

If you like, please show a bit of your vacuum forming. The link you posted leads to something quite amusing, but not to anything related to pickup covers...

Thanks Peter, The next time that I make a few I'll do a little tutorial for everyone here. It's really pretty simple. I hadn't seen the white covers from mojo. Wolfe sells white dogear's, but as pickups only. I've seen them on ebay. No covers, and they resemble the injection molded ABS that are common from most suppliers in black.

I don't know how that link ended up there. I had surfed across that, and shared it with my Daughter.

If that guitar sounds half as good as it looks...

Thanks!

Meanwhile, I moved forward with this offset. One piece body and a one piece neck. One pickup, one knob. This is my retaliation for all of the jmstrs, and jags that are covered with hardware, and switches. The pickup won't be a clone, but is based on a Fender XII.

redondofirstmock_zpsab0cc875.jpg

redondo02_zps46c850da.jpg