Through-neck Explorer (First solo build - eek!)

Ok, so we're almost there! i thought I'd put up a few pics to celebrate the end of the finishing and first plug in!! The beeswax went on a treat and really quickly came up to a nice sheen. I'll be sure to hang on to my little jar from Dad's secret stash!

It sounds great, really pleased with the tone of the through-neck and the pickups. It feels good too, just needs a little more work on fret finishing to get that action the final few fractions down.

Whatever, I'm really pleased with how it's come out, so thanks for all the support and advice from you guys on here! (I went for the back placement of the strap button in the end.)

Just got to get some covers finished and I'll chuck up the final shots.

D

10470941_10206101288635794_4115183509790

786aec3c-15a4-45b2-80c0-397062c94e01_zps

10997811_10206101289995828_9846328173114

Wow, thanks so much guys! I really appreciate that! I was initially hesitant to go down the through-neck route, but I love the way the neck stripes accent the body and tie the whole piece together (physically as well!). The high fret access also feels much more natural than my bolt on JS100.

Very glad I took the time to learn the art of hand planing off my Dad properly, the laminations came out really clean (Some friends thought they were painted on until they looked at the back! haha).

Plans are already afoot (in my head at least) for the next.. trouble brewing!