Project Fast LP

What's the plan for the edge of the maple cap? It seems that you're doing a faux binding and you've got to clean it up somehow.

Also, I would've thought that using alcohol on a body you already shellacked would be a bit risky, even though just the back + sides were shellacked.

No plan for the edge of the maple cap. I hate faux binding. I was just trying to stay well off the black limba since it is staying plain.

As for the shellac. Don't care about it. I sanded most of it off. All I was using it for as to stop any stain from setting in. Yes using alcohol with the dye was risky with the shellac but I was pretty careful. Except for the one drop... but it sanded right out.

Later I hit this thing with several coats of heavy solids lacquer sanding sealer. Always old skool on the finishes.

Well, it'll be fun finding out!

Just be patient... we had to get through the gigs of pictures I took at the beginning.

I love that rounded edge against that top. Very cool.

Thanks I think it turned out well.

The cool thing about the Fast Guitars kit is that it gives me a chance to make small modifications to a high quality LP without having to start from scratch. I never would have been ableto get this far this fast without it.