Sully Guitars - Galaxy V

Just finished up this Galaxy V, thought I'd share. :)

Specs: 

3pc maple neck thru/set thru into a mahogany body with maple cap. Rosewood fretboard, MOP hollow block inlays, stainless steel frets, rosewood headplate (and back) as well as matching truss rod cover. Tortoiseshell binding all around the guitar with ivoroid binding at the position markers. Pickup is a secret menu Habanero from Grover Jackson's Habanero Guitar Parts, volume knob is push/pull to split the coil, Gold floyd with big block upgrade from FU-tone and Hollow point intonation system. Urethane finish with the back of the neck satin.

20750143779_556b7f2a6a_b.jpg

20909782896_3f941f360d_b.jpg

20315889243_01d07e0866_b.jpg

20315858293_08b0158a4d_b.jpg

20313927064_2d79c93b5a_b.jpg

20751162720_71e0ed1d55_b.jpg

Sully

• Like 1

Very classy work Sully! I had to go back and reread what your fretboard and headstock caps were--they were looking very cocobolo-ish. The gloss to matte transition on the neck is sweet!

SR

Thanks!

The headstock caps are indian rosewood, but they had some nice orangeish spots that matched up well with the board (which may be cocobolo, but I doubt it because I'm super allergic to that).

Sully

I think Cocobolo is one of the worst Rosewoods I have ever worked with for allergies. Typical....the beautiful ones always leave you with an embarrassing rash and red eyes.

The inlays and sidemarkers are not my thing, but they're wonderfully-done. You've upped your game again, Sully. Sweet sweet burst man.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...