I'm not against Fender guitars in any way but they seem to have some really ugly guitars in their lineup:

Here's one that I have never understood why it sold:

preCbsJaguarGIF.gif

I know they were sort-of popular a long time ago but damn! that thing is nasty lookin! It reminds me of my first rental guitar - a peavey. It was a monsterous, heavy, ugly looking thing that I think my mother wanted to use as a deterent against me taking up guitar. I think if she had rented this thing for me, it may have worked.

I have never cared for the tele much either but I think that's something that I can grow into (eventually - maybe?).

I know when posting things like this, I'm eventually going to offend someone who really likes it. Please don't take it personally - just want to get others opinions on it. Maybe I'm just not capable of appreciating the "vintage" instruments?

Maybe I'm just not capable of appreciating the "vintage" instruments?

Yeah, that's basically it, :D but it's not that you're not capable - the Jaguar was a product of the 60s, modern and daring, full of possibilities, but probably not very impressive to anyone born after 1964. Nothing wrong with that, it was a product of its time (switches were big back then, the more, the better!). And it sure isn't any uglier than this

moder02.jpg

or this

23800-1c.jpg

To each his own.

Those other guitars may not be real attractive, but they are well put together, well thought out. If you want ugly look at these:

10%20dec%2003%201.jpg

10%20dec%2003%202.jpg

11%20nov%2003%207.jpg

Study the pix real close to get an idea on how to hose up a guitar. But it is playable. :D

The body started out life to be a well made and good looking guitar, but the neck pocket was so hosed, it wouldn't work as planned. But I did not want to throw it out. So I finished it as cheaply as possible. And it shows.

If you want the whole story, go Here and click on Beater.

Guitar Ed