Pesi's Ad Portraying Hendrix...

LaFeeVerte

What do you think of this ad?  

42 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ehh, a bit inaccurate.. and who ever in the Hendrix family that approved this ad is a bit of a sell out. At least they were smart enough to realize Jimi couldn't have boughten a Strat in 1953.. but.. still.. I think there's a pic of him somwhere at that age playing a red Danelectro lipstick pickup guitar.. blah.

uh... it was a comercial... :D

Yes, it was... and it's attempting to make money off from a dead guy. I just don't like the whole idea of using dead icons to sell merchandise.. if they'd have given permission prior to death, that's one thing.. but other than that.. I just think it's exploitation.. and wrong. :-(

I though it was funny.

And yes, Jimi's first guitar was a danelectro.

It was just funny i mean: If Jimi would have chosen to drink coke, he would have been an accordian player, and no one would know him! or else KoRn and Metallica would have lead accordianists rather than guitarists....

I LOVE PEPSI!!!

I play accordian and guitar (among other things) so i guess i found it comical.

I thought it was a decent ad. I'm not a fan of Tele's so that bummed me a bit but I understood that the Strat wasn't around at that time. Form what I remember reading about him, he started with an acoustic and switched to electric sometime when he was in the army. Maybe it was after the army? I don't remember. Point is, he actually started playing acoustic for quite a while which would not have worked well with that commercial.

• 4 weeks later...
I hadn't seen it either. But go here and click on "crossroads"

Aghh that took ages to load properly.

A bit of a sad way to make money out of Jimi, don't think he lived in Seatle at that age anyway cos I think he went to live with his aunt. His first guitar was an acoustic anyway B) can remenber the exact model. :D ahh who cares :D

• 1 month later...

Im a huge hendrix fan ive almost got in fist fights over his talents, and i wasnt offended i thought it was pretty clever, and the fact that he got a telecaster instead of danelectro didnt bother me at all, so some of you are too picky.

• 2 weeks later...

I think a huge Hendrix fan would have read enough stuff on Jimi to realise that he did infact hate that sort of comercial exploitive(sp) stuff!

I mean, yeah its funny but if you really back Jimi as much as you make out then you'd not be cool with them using his name to make money like that.