rght keys for solo

KILOWAT®

hi everyone!! :D

how is it goin?? :D

i just want to know if someone can write or show me a link that can show the notes from fret 1 to 24 or 22 for (ex. B string fret 5 is an E),i'm not really good at solos or lead... :D

so i wat to know the right keys coz i half to write a solo,and what i wrote diddent really sound good for the song so maybe i'ts not the right keys. B)

thanks for the help and see you around!! :D

bye!!

-KILOWAT®

There are no such thing as minor notes, just minor chords and scales. The chords are typically comprised of the root note (first note of the scale) then a third above that and then a fourth above the second note. (I think thats right if I remember correctly.) The minor scale just refers to the spacing between the whole and half steps. A major scale is (w=whole, h=half) w-w-h-w-w-w-h and a minor scale is w-h-w-w-h-w-w As for the G-C-F thing. You don't have to change scale positions along with the chord changes as long as you can find some common ground that sounds good over all of them. One thing I found helpfull was to record a simple rythem track like G-C-F over and over for as long as you can stand it. You can do this on any cheap recorder that has an external michrophone. Play back your tape and just noodle out a solo over top of it. You'll soon develop an ear for what sounds right and wrong. Remember, if you hit a wrong note your only one half step away from a right one. Take that note and either bend it, slide up or down one fret, or use your trem if you have one. Then just practice, practice, practice. :D

i see... :D

so it doesent really matter what note you hit if it sounds good on it then i'ts ok...

i'm just a beginner so i don't have a good hearing on notes...

thanks a lot!! B) that helps all of it ..

but if you have some more tipps for soloing, don't hesitate it will be usefull...

thanks...

There are no such thing as minor notes, just minor chords. Which are typically comprised of the root note (first note of the scale) then a third above that and then a fourth above the second note. (I think thats right if I remember correctly.)

Triads are 1st (root,) 3rd and 5th... so it's the root note then a diatonic third above that and then another diatonic third above that the second note.

Um, why is this in the "Solid Body..." section?

When I used to teach guitar. I'd have my students learn the beginning open note of each string, which are from big(6)string to smallest(1) string is E A D G B E. Learn that first and it will help you out alot. Next, you must know some basic theory of music. Simply that only B to C and E to F are half step apart all others such as D-E, F-G, G-A, A-B, C-D are all whole steps apart. So basically all the notes look like this.

A

A#/Bb

B

C

C#/Db

D

D#/Eb

E

F

F#/Gb

G

G#/Ab

You can see from above that B to C and E to F are the only ones half a step apart. The note for instance A#/Bb is the same note but can be called different names. If you are going up from an A note you'd call it A#. Now what I have them to do is draw out the fretboard, strings and frets included. Take and write the names of each one going up the fretboard for each string. Example:

Biggest String (6th) E

E

--------- <----- nut

F

-

F#/Gb

-

G

-

G#/Ab

-

A

-

A#/Bb

-

B

-

C

-

C#/Db

-

D

-

D#/Eb

-

E <----------12th fret just keep going to 22nd or 24 whatever you have drawn.

Hope this helps some.

cyberfret.com is my absolute favorite place to go. ive combed that site and learned a lot. i found the "technique" section of it exceptional. simple explanations to techniques, AND videos of how its done.. from differant angles.

anyways, thats the site i like. it might have your answers, it might not. i think its worth a spot in most peoples favorites list :D