Jackson neck Floyd to LSR roller nut conversion

I have an old Jackson neck that was fitted with a Floyd Rose nut. I am wanting to convert it to an LSR roller nut. Clearly, the FR was deeper, and I'll need some kind of shimming under the LSR kit (I got the Wilkinson to LSR conversion kit from Fender). The little plastic "keeper" that comes with the kit still doesn't get me back enough height. Save me from the depths of my project hell!

Hmm... I posted to the other thread where you asked about the LSR nut.

LSR nuts have a 10" IIRC and you'll need to do more than shim it for the neck. You'll need to rout a little of the fretboard.

You might wind up having to glue a piece of wood there and start fresh with a new rout. Another thing to consider is that the LSR roller nut is designed to have the string go straight through to the tuners. On a "traditional" Jackson headstock, the strings have an angle from the nut to the tuners. Something to think about.

BTW, I've shelved my LSR nut for use in another later project because of the reasons I've stated above :D.

nyjbkim makes a good point, the raidus may not mathc, the string to tuner direction may affect the nut, AND i beleive roller nuts require a slot that it cut a bit closer to the 1st fret. I would just try and find a similar scrap of wood and glue it in there, then start from scratch, i might even refret the board to get the correct radius, but i would be worried about the string direction after the nut if i wasn't promised it would work fine. but it's up to you

Solid advice, and glad I got it before I started work. Looks like I need to find a piece of rosewood and get out the dremel to cut the nut rout. Or what about the graphite conversion kits nyjbkim spoke of? Is that a better/easier option. My dreams of a chrome nut are shattered...I'm not sure if I can go on......LOL!