ok, need lots of advice for my project

Ok, I got my fingerbaord pretty much done, the body is cut out except for 2 things, the dang teacher doesnt trust me with a bandsaw!! ohh well, anyways, i am going for a fixed bridge, are there different kinda of fixed bridges? it needs to be black to match the guitar, also, black tuners, my biggest concern is the tuners, whats a good kind? i know grover is good, but i think they only come in chrome/silver, whatever its called, the truss rod i am just going to order a truss rod from local guitar store, probaly get ripped off, but ohh well, now, fret wire, where can i get that? will most guitar stores stock/be able to order that? if not then where can i go to find some? my biggest concern is the truss rod and fret wire, my uncle works at a music store company thingy, he got me a free whammy bar if that makes a difference on how much of a discount he can or cant get me on some parts, i really want to get it playable in about 2 weeks if i can get the parts that soon, anyways, to sum it all up, i need advice on a good brand name for a black fixed bridge, black tuners, fret wire (its a 24 fret guitar) preferably maybe a guage, wait a size, and the truss rod, needs to be double expanding, any good ones? i know hot rods are good, any others? maybe not too expensive......

Thanks guys, your really helpin a guys thought work out :D

Curtis

Now we know where all of Wes' posts come from :-P. Two weeks is quite ambitious for having to order all of these parts. Even if the guitar already had all of it's parts and you had the finish in your hand (I'm assuming you are using lacquer), I wouldn't play it in two weeks. If you go for a wax or oil instead, you might could get it done in time.

FWIW Warmoth has several tuner varieties in black (Gotoh, Schaller, Planet waves). I bought their schaller locking tuners and their pretty decent. Just have to remember loosen the locker on the back. I also have a set of Grover rotomatics non-locking which works well. Grover makes a locking tuner with some sort of cam that doesn't require a thumb screw to lock. I also hear good things about the planet waves if your willing to shell out the extra money.

I like the GOTOH mini tuners. I think that's what Ibanez used on my RG550 and I've been using them on everything. I tried the schaller mini's once (I love Schaller stuff) but the posts (where the string threads through) were too high. For some reason, Schaller's mini's are quite a bit taller than the GOTOH tuners - I had hoped that they were all pretty much standardized - nope!

I use locking nuts so tuners are really not that much of an issue for me - only when changing strings.

I don't understand the part about the whammy bar - you're looking for a fixed bridge but you have a whammy bar?

I would be really cautious about your 2 week deadline. Like Stone's Creed said, it will be tough to get everything, assemble and finish in that time. More importatntly, my experience has been that any time you rush these thing, disaster strikes. Trust me, I've been there more than once. Patience is the greatest skill you can have in building guitars.

Good Luck.

stones creed

I meant that it was going to be playable in 2 weeks time, i wont play it in 2 weeks time, its going to be painted white and the pinstriped black, but i wont do that till it warms up a bit, so it will be just regular natural finish till it warms up, i dont trust anyone at my school i bring it home every night....

Curtis

i got the neck wood tonight, i got it for free, black cherry again, about 56 inches long, 2.5 inches thick and 6 inches wide, he just had it layin around, didnt need it for nothin, not warped split or anything like that, been planed as well on top and bottom, very nice peice of wood, weighs a ton though, it will make a good neck, i can get 2 outta it, so i am makin another one for my Washburn goes the neck on it sucks horribly!

Thanks for all your guys help!

Curtis