Strat style guitar 2nd scratch build

It might be easier if you draw up a diagram of how you have wired it all together and post that here. I can't see enough detail in your photos to determine how everything fits together.

Probably worth noting that unless you know that your pickups are equivalent to Bareknuckles, there's no guarantee that the wiring colours have the same meaning between different manufacturers. Just because the Bareknuckle wiring diagram shows black/bare and green/white joined together doesn't mean that the same wiring pairs apply to your pickup. Wiring colours are not standardised.

I can't find any mention of Sound Foundry pickups when I do a Google search. Got a link?

Do you recall if the humbucker came with some of the wires pre-joined when you received it?

3 hours ago, David Ivy said:

5 way switch the diagram shows 8 lugs when there is only 7 lugs.

I would've expected your 5-way switch to have all 8 lugs. There even looks like a gap on the switch where one of the lugs appears to be missing in your photos. Any possibility one lug has broken off by accident?

This diagram shows how to translate between the switch shown on your Bareknuckle wiring diagram, and the switch you have:

132092-18b652a233f49254635ac79037c5f2e2.

From the CBGitty website the wiring description for the mini humbucker reads:

To wire these, treat the green/bare wire as the ground, the red wire as the positive, and leave the white and black wires joined together (but not connected to either hot or ground).

So the wiring colours are not the same as Bareknuckle and some translation will be required in order to make it work equivalently:

• Bareknuckle red -> CBGitty red
  • Bareknuckle green+white -> CBGitty black+white
  • Bareknuckle bare+black -> CBGitty bare+green

• 1 year later...
On 11/17/2020 at 11:04 AM, David Ivy said:

@ScottR@Bizman62 thank you for the helpful tips I will have to try those on the next neck that I build.

I am also putting together a tele from parts but i made the body out of one piece of poplar. Then I used Rit dye and dyed it black sanded that back til it was just in the grain then dyed it royal blue over that. I think it looks nice.

1115201245b.jpg

1116202133a.jpg

1110200732.jpg

Which color of rit dye did you use? Liquid or powder? I really like this! What did you use (if any) to finish over it? Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...