I'm ready for the build!

On 11/29/2020 at 11:29 AM, mistermikev said:

right on.  I like your enthusiasm.  I have a saying that this reminds me of: "I have all my code written... now I just need to get it to work"!!  here's to an uneventful first build!!

Really!! I mean shoot I STILL need to get a bandsaw but I'm most likely getting one for christmas

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, PRSpoggers said:

Really!! I mean shoot I STILL need to get a bandsaw but I'm most likely getting one for christmas

"you'll put yer eye out" - red rider!

well, hopefully not and not likely.  so... all your excuses for not having built something already are pretty much gone - lets see some build pics pronto!!

32 minutes ago, PRSpoggers said:

Got grounded for working with powertools without supervision! Hopefully soon!

mom - "stop working with powertools unsupervised and go do drugs like a normal kid"... this is not advice at all... DO NOT DO DRUGS... just thought it was funny.

3 hours ago, PRSpoggers said:

I mean like what kid wants powertools for christmas? Most kids my age want like a PS5 or something like that

tru dat.  I think most of us in here were gettin' into dads tools at an early age as opposed to his beer... and then some of us getting into both!!  Still have some of those tools but all the beer is gone.  anywho, don't ever mix the two!!

12 hours ago, mistermikev said:

I think most of us in here were gettin' into dads tools at an early age as opposed to his beer... and then some of us getting into both!! 

I belong to the minority: Dad's tools were and still are sub par - a couple of screwdrivers, a hammer and pliers plus a saw and an axe for making firewood. And I learned to drink beer past my 30th birthday... Needless to say he didn't need a lock on the booze cabinet.

19 minutes ago, Bizman62 said:

I belong to the minority: Dad's tools were and still are sub par - a couple of screwdrivers, a hammer and pliers plus a saw and an axe for making firewood. And I learned to drink beer past my 30th birthday... Needless to say he didn't need a lock on the booze cabinet.

Well, the quantity my dad had wasn't great... but he had some lovely old style clamps that were overbuilt, and some good squares.  That said... my dad was more a mechanic and those tools didn't apply well to my interests.  Now my grandpa... he had drill presses, table saws... all sorts. 

Hmm... If my dad's tools consisted of a screwdriver etui plus some, my granddad had a tiny tool cupboard hanging on his corridor wall. And by tiny I mean it! Some 12 x 12", four inches thick. Even the tools were miniature. I'm tempted to compare it to a doll house...