white stripes red guitar

KILOWAT®

any one like the whitestripes here?

the white stripes are a good band with 2 members i like their music the player is ok... :D

i'm preety curious of the guitar that he udes in his clips i've never seen it before. B)

i want to know what that funny guitar is.... :D

if anyone know what it is dont hesitate...

airline.jpg

1964 JB Hutto Mongomery Airline

sold by an american department store a long time ago, can't remember any more than that

the body is hollow fibre-glass, and quite strangely the guitar floats :D

dan

what yyear is that guitar? 

1964 -->

1964 JB Hutto Mongomery Airline

i think that the only chance that you'd have to own one of these babies is through a vintage dealer, i think they're pretty rare tho

well , the only times that i've heard this guitar are when jack white is playing it...but i do know that from an interview i read a while ago, the tuning stability is pretty poor ... he said something along the lines of : "who wants a guitar that stays in tune? half of the fun is having an instrument that could break"

does anyone else think that i know a little too much about the white stripes? :D

dan

any one like the whitestripes here?

the white stripes are a good band with 2 members i like their music the player is ok... 

their older stuff is simple like inbred countryfolk. their early "hits" like fell in love with a girl is very simple.. in fact.. i think it was one of the first songs i have ever played. seven nation army... i wont touch that subject (i ge too excited). umm. in my opinion, they make music thats really good if your cruisin with no place to go. any other time, i cant help but notice the lack of bass, and i dont play bass.

on another note, i dont know too many female drummers. shes not bad lookin either compared to a couple people who refuse to catch my drift, and continue to follow me around. and she plays bare foot! i tried playin bare foot and it either a)froze, or :D felt like an uncontrolable inferno on my foot.

shes not bad looking?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!

um, its a shame that you didn't see the mtv2 white stripes special on gonzo, they had an interview with zane lowe...she is as doggy as muttley and dick dastardly stuck together with ugly glue!!!

The Reso-Glas guitars were produced by Valco, and variously branded as National, Supro, Airline (the house brand for Montgomery Wards department store), and a few other more obscure names. They sound great, but they're not much good for anything but slide - they have massive tuning/intonation problems. Nice vintage vibe, but not worth what collectors are paying for them. Here's a page of pics.

• 3 years later...

The Airline guitars are, and I say this with the utmost affection, pieces of crap. Thats the reason Jack White plays one, not one of his guitars (except the Gretsch) could have cost him more than $30. The airline is made out of fiberglass, not wood, with cheap single coil pickups under the humbucker covers. That being said, its the combination of terrible parts that give Jack White his signature sound (mostly on the older White Stripes Albums).

You would think these guitars would be very cheap, but they aren't. They USED to be, before the White Stripes hit it big and they became collectors items. Since they were such cheap guitars, there are very few of them still around (people keep vintage Gibsons, not guitars they bought at Sears for $59.99). Those that are still around go for $600-$2000, depending on condition and how closely they resemble the red Deluxe 2 pickup that Jack White plays. You can definitely find them on eBay, maybe if you are super lucky you could find a thrift shop owner who lives in a cave.

Recently, a company has started making reproductions, that are probably much superior to the originals. I don't know if they retain the fiberglass bodies or have switched to wood, but they definitely have nicer pickups (real humbuckers), and much better tuners.

What is it with the "cool to be crap" thing going on with that guitar? Being obscure by playing something deliberately rare and crap is more than a little pretentious....and yes, she is quite possibly the worst looking female musician in the world short of Cliff Richard.

Recently, a company has started making reproductions, that are probably much superior to the originals. I don't know if they retain the fiberglass bodies or have switched to wood, but they definitely have nicer pickups (real humbuckers), and much better tuners.

Eastwood Guitars makes an Airline, but according to the website they are chambered mahogany.

Uuurgh....that's an offence even to people who spend less than two minutes spec'ing guitars....did the Sears R&D guy get drunk that week and let his 4yr old at the design board with crayons before justifying that piece of crap to his team leader as "the biggest potential seller this season if you'll give me one last chance"?!