T+S builds

Nothing beats a proper sanding. There's no shortcuts. Then again, with quality papers and a proper technique it doesn't actually take too long.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, nakedzen said:

Maybe this one?

Maybe, but I think you need to add a design feature from the body to the headstock.

Since your body is round and flows, the wavy outline feels disconected. 🤔

I would make it a little rounder and add the same bevel like you have on the body.

In my mind the headstock should "belong" to the guitar and desing and not just be there to be.

Sorry if I dont get my point across 😅

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, David Ivy said:

Awesome inlays!    I haven't tried anyinlay other than dots.

Glad you like it! It's pretty basic. I just took an owl graphic I found with google images, drew over it in Illustrator (rather, Affinity Designer since I moved from all my Adobe software to cheaper/better alternatives. Illustrator -> Affinity Designer, Photoshop -> Affinity Photo, Lightroom->Luminar, Premiere->Davinci Resolve. Only one I couldn't find a working replacement is After Effects. But you can do the same fx with Blender. But I digress. :D)

I printed out that simplified design, taped it on the fretboard with doublestick tape, slowly went through the lines with very shallow passes with the dremel. I think 7-8 passes to get it deep enough.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...