custom guitar circuit

Diablothecat

first would like to suggest you go get the free diylayout creator... as it's a lot more organized. 

your blade switches - it's impossible for me to know how they work and which lug is the common looking at them... but I can tell you just looking at it that you've got the live connected from one single to the live of the other and then to several lugs... at least that's what it looks like... so those two coils would just be connected together and always on (probably not what you intended). 

if those blade switches are supposed to be slide switches... then perhaps get a picture of the back side of one and you can import that into diylayout creator for a more clear documentation of what you intend.

looks like either a diode in parallel with a cap... in series with a resistor... or perhaps it's an op amp with a cap in the feedback loop... hard to tell.  if you put a .15u cap and diode in parallel that is likely going to allow everything over say 100Hz to clip... and then that is ltd by the resistor.  you are basically creating a passive overdrive similar to the 'black ice' that was popular a while back.  

not sure what the point of having a cap on either side of the resistor is there... no idea what we're trying to accomplish there but in theory when that is switched in it would cut bass and resist the diode more?

also... you might as well describe what you thought this circuit would do.  

anywho... that's about all the guessing I have in me for now.

• 1 month later...

Hey! 
sorry it took me so long but here i am. First I'd like to thank you so much for all info. I updated circuit and moved it into diylayout.  So here is upataded version, I added full humbacker and rewired pickup selector. Also changed tone pots so now you can pick between low and high pass filter. The body of the guitar is somewhat finished so if you'll be interested i can upload pictures. And once again for all help.

gitarr4.0.png

It's not clear from your wiring diagram what you're wanting to achieve with the various functions of each switch. Can you describe what each switch does?

There are some unusual implementations of the wiring in regards to the pickups too. For example, your diagram shows multiple wires leaving the same point on the pickups; in reality you'd only have one wire per pickup connection and split off multiple connection points at their destination rather than their source. The ground connection via a cap and then through the lower-left pot and 3-way switch is also ambiguous and may not work as you expect.

So first switch chooses between humbacker, single coil, split coil, and single coil with split coil. Second chooses between two reverse diodes (from what i heard its black ice circuit), clean, and since i have 3 way sitches on hand some caps and resistor. The last switch is for choosing tone pot, one is high pass filter and the other one is low pass filter and there is option for using both.

And here is photo of me and my guitar :)

Snapchat-1249183496.jpg

Snapchat-1162202448.jpg

• Like 2