fixing misplaced bridge (cheating lol)

Hey guys, im trying to fix this guitar, the bridge is shifted about 1/4" too far back on bass side and about 1/8" too far back on the treble side to intonate properly.
Does anyone know of any replacement bridges i can swap this with to get more travel? Ive seen some wide ones before, maybe a wrap around or something. ideally i would find something compatible so i dont have to redrill and start over here.

Bridge is I believe a Gotoh TOM, the studs are about 1/4" and are 2-7/8" apart center to center E-E spacing is 2-1/32". bridge is 9/16" wide.

Is the neck fixed or bolt-on? If the latter, loosening the bolts for 1/4 turn with strings on might shorten the scale length a bit. Not to mention that if there's a gap between the neck end and the end of the neck pocket in which case filing the screw holes oval in the body would allow for even more adjusting.

• Like 1

If it’s 1/4” off there’s not really much options but to remove the bridge, plug the holes and re-drill. What’s the scale length? If it’s 24.750”, the bass side doesn’t look like it’s that much off. You may want to use a little less coarse measuring device, though.

Out of interest, have you confirmed the bridge is indeed off relative to the scale length of the instrument? It seems an unusual error for a bridge of that particular type to be so badly misplaced on the body, as there are no real other alternatives that allow a two-post Tune-o-matic tailpiece to be moved 1/8 - 1/4 of an inch closer to the nut.

8 hours ago, henrim said:

Since the ferrules are not in straight line and evenly spaced I doubt this is neither.

My point is then what is the measured scale of the neck. Maybe someone put the bridge in the wrong place or the incorrect neck is installed. What ever the issue someone screwed the pooch. ;) mk