Just an idea

Let me start by saying: I love the guitar of the month competition!

I really do.

But what I don't like is the fact that guitar's that don't make it to GOTM are getting lost in a 'black hole' :D

For instance: I loved Westheman's V.

It didn't make GOTM but I really liked that guitar.

This idea came to me while browsing through te Gallery Section.

Why not add a 'topic' that's called: Guitar's build by members

So every member can display his guitar.

I mean a kind of layout like a forum topic.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'GUITAR PHOTO (FRONT)'

DESCRIPTION

(homepage or e-mail adres)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(VERY SHORT DESCRIPTION OF BUILDING

EXAMPLE: CUSTOM PAINT JOB OR

BUILD FROM SCRATCH OR

NECK BOUGHT, BODY MADE FROM

SCRATCH)

When a member builds more than one guitar; let's say three, he has three photo's in the gallery section of three different guitar's.

I have no idea how hard it is to make a section like this or how hard it is to maintain it properly, like I said it's just an idea.

It's not ment as a form of critisism.

(I say this because my english is not that good and I don't want to be misunderstood).

Greetings

Gerard

Edited by gw_guitars

That is a great idea. It might take up a lot of space on the server, though. it might cost brian a few bucks...

And it would be excelent if it ran on a cache system, too. I mean all the pictures on the main page take FOREVER for us dial up people to load. So something, anything to get them to load a bit faster...

I've been meaning to snatch them up by doing a forum search for guitar of the month contest's then add them to the gallery.

Just need to grab the time to do folks B) I have some comming up after a few choice painting days on some projects :D

I also have a few new tutorials I managed to salvage from the old computer that need to be uploaded but I have to format to PG style first.

Guest Litchfield Custom Gutars

I agree with the idea.

I use MGI Photosuite for pic reduction/editing. Its a photoshop ripoff that came with my scanner.