New EMG 707 Pickup Bezels/Rings

budman68

I've had some requests to make these and I thought I'd show them here to see if there was any interest out there. These are made of solid Delrin and not cheap weak molded parts. I machine these myself and if there is enough interest, I'll be making a "batch" of them for whoever needs them. I put one up on the bay and had alot of emails asking me to end the auction but I don't do that kind of thing once the auction ( 707 ring/bezel auction ) is bid on. Give me a shout if you're interested in something like this ok?

Thanks,

Dave->

fretsonthenet@msn.com

Hey there, wes,

I can let you know an exact price in a few days as I'll actually have to see how much interest is out there. Obviously the more I make the cheaper you'll get them. I'll let you know soon ok?

Thanks for the interest,

Dave->

Please, no Canadian or any other International bidders.

:D

Aww come on bro, you know better than that with me. That's to keep out the riff raff out that can't understand why it's a bit more expensive to ship to Canada. I know it's not the best method and maybe you have a better suggestion on wording that? Believe it or not it saves me A LOT of headaches doing it like this although it's a bit rough I guess. I didn't mean to offend anyone( some of my best friends are from Canada B) ). If you're interested let me know.

Dave->

Very nice. I prefer the look of direct-mounted pickups, but not everyone does. Cool parts.

Hmm... i have a Dean Evo Special 7 that has ring-mounted Seymour Duncans, and i've wanted to put light cream rings on it, but nobody makes them. What would you charge to make a pair of light cream 7-string pickup rings? I can send you a pair for reference if you like... i'd need one short and one tall (like on a Les Paul).

Derek, like I had said to wes, I really have to wait a few more days and then I will be able to finalize a set price. It's looking pretty good that I will be making these though, between my site, ebay, here, and other resources, the interest is pretty good. Just hope I don't frighten you guys with the price lol!

Darren, I would love to make those for you but I have not done curved bottom rings as of yet. Please shoot me an email at

fretsonthenet@msn.com and we'll talk ok?

Thanks again fellers,

Dave->

Well fellers, looks like there is not as much interest in these as I thought there might be unfortunately. People sure do like to talk a lot but until push comes to shove, nobody wants them I guess. I will make them for you guys but I'm guessing that may be it. They are $12 a piece and yes that's as low as I can go. Sorry guys, I wish I could've come down a little more. Shoot me an email if you still want them ok?

fretsonthenet@msn.com

Thanks again,

Dave->

are you going to make just regular 7 string rings? cause the 707 doesn't really need then (woops, just remembered that now) Also, would white be an option?

Derek,

I'm probably not going to make the 7 string rings because I wouldn't be able to compete with Brian's rings. Even though my rings are far more solid, people just don't want to pay for quality anymore, they just want looks. So you don't want the 3 pairs now right? How much did you think they would be?

Thanks,

Dave->

are you going to make just regular 7 string rings? cause the 707 doesn't really need then (woops, just remembered that now) Also, would white be an option?

i still think rings look better...by the way the rings i use on my guitar already cost more than $12.....i get the steel ones from stewmac

i hate to back out like a scared dog, but i seriously forgot the 707's didn't require rings, i'll run the idea by my friend though, he wants a guitar with a set of 707's..... and i was taking for granted that i could also use the rings for standard 7 string pickups :D

Hi Dave,

My rings are plastic and only fit standard 7 string pickups, you have a monopoly bro! I say go for it cause those rings as always look sweet and are very high quality.

Well thanks so much for the kind words Brian. :D Since I'm making some for wes and another guy, I'll go ahead and make up a batch and take a gamble and see how they do.

Dave->