wiggy. in out?

Snork

buy or no?  

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

my opinion would be stick with marshall or fender, many many people use them for a reason

if the wiggy is so good then why aren't they seen on tv and in videos?

i seem to remember you are a zappa fan - are you by any chance just interested in the amp because of young dweezil?

fender heads blow to me. marshall Heads are out the wazoo price wise. and since when are marshalls on Tv? no... if an amp sounds interesting it sounds interesting. and if the wiggy is so BAD why dont you back it up with something besides it looks ugly or it sounds bad or it sucks... did you even listen to the clips

yes

and i take it as a yes to this:

i seem to remember you are a zappa fan - are you by any chance just interested in the amp because of young dweezil?

:D

and please step down with the aggro, it makes you look like a stressed out toddler

Looking at musciansfriend.com... why is the "Wiggy 2x12 Half Stack" package with the 100W head $799.99 but if you want the head alone it's $899.99 :DB)

It's a close out item if that's an indication of their popularity.

So I take it, your budget is $800-$900 for a head?

look i just want some recommendations and undstand why its not good. besides looks.

"It's solid state, is freaky looking, has odd controls, and will probably have little or no resale value when you decide you want something different.

(Translation: No.)"

HOLY CRAP. I JUST SAID BESIDES LOOKS. JUST BECAUSE ITS NOT TUBE DOESNT MEAN IT DOESNT HAVE GOOD SOUND LOOK AT THE ROLAND JC-120 HOLY CRAP AND IM NOT LOOKING TO SELL IT,

No, but you may want to later. That's something to consider.

Also consider the fact that for around the same pricing, you can get a tube Carvin, which is well known for its sound. The JC-120 has (debatably) good sound, and is one example of a solidstate with decent sound. However, when you put a solidstate side by side with a tube amp (which I have done a few times in the past), there's no comparison.

Bottom line is, judging by the specs, there are far better things to spend your money on.

BTW, just a hint: you get better responses if you don't berate the people who do respond.

are you playing on stage? or just for kickin around in your room?

if on stage, i suggest buy a head, and build yourself a cabinet, buy some speakers and your set, wire it all together, or have someoen wire it for you, if for your room, go for a Peavey Bandit, or a Fender head and buy a cabinet

Or just buy a 25 watt yamaha amp and play the crap outta it!! Thats how i got started :D

Curtis