Body ordered need suggestions for rest of it

97_1_b.jpg

09_1.jpg

fc_1.jpg

Just ordered the body, a little on the spendy side for my usual projects but oooh so cool. And no chance of me wipping one of these up in the garage.

If you saw the Hall of Fame induction ceremony Keith Richards was playing what looked like one of these with a maple neck painted to match the pick guard it was cool.

a1.jpga2.jpg

So im trying to figure out my hardware(obviously chrome), neck, and pickups. Itll be 4 to 8 weeks to receive so i have time. Id use a carvin bolt neck but I think i want a maple fingerboard.

I just cant wait for stage lights now....

Thier ebay description:

BUY HERE AND BE SURE YOU ARE GETTING THE ORIGINAL BODY. BEWARE OF COUNTERFEITS THAT ARE BEING SOLD ON EBAY. WE ARE THE ORIGINAL DESIGNERS AND BUILDERS OF THE ALUMINUM BODIES. You are bidding on a Tele body like the one in the photo. The guitar in the top photo is not for sale on this auction,it is just to give you an idea of what the guitar looks like comepletely done. This auction is only the body. These bodies are all metal, not chrome on wood. Get the sustain you want and the presence you need for lead. A must for the blues players. These bodies are the same desgin body ran for Fender in 1993. We have some left overs from the various production runs. Orders will be finished for each customer. If you want a great body this is for you. If you want a rush job please do not buy,we are perfectionists. I am the original manufacter, designer and Master Builder of the aluminum bodies.There are counterfeits floating around that are being sold on Ebay by others. Buy here and be sure you are getting the real thing. This body weighs 4lbs. and is 1/16th plate with a frame inside, they are not heavy solid aluminum. These are of the same design as for the Fender custom shop. Their construction is the same as the Harley-Davidson Strats. They fit the Tele plus and American standard Tele guitars. Much more sustain and presence than wood. This body is polished aluminum and is drilled for the Standard neck and bridge. All body cavities are machined. Can be easily drilled for any bridge. We were selling them undrilled but are now offering them drilled to make it easier to assemble. We are not Fender or affiliated in any way. If you are in a hurry please do not buy. We are perfectionists and it takes time to finish them right. Delivery time is 4-8wks. approx. We will try and get your bodies out in the 4 to 8 weeks, but as these bodies are custom made, at times it can take a little longer. All sales are final. Thank you for doing business with us.I prefer Pay Pal or cashiers check in 5 days after auction. Pay by Pay Pal and we will cover frieght in the lower 48 states. List price is $800 on these bodies. For more technical info go to www.sprucehillguitars.com or email me at marty@sprucehillguitars.com Thank you for looking at my auction

Why is chrome hardware the obvious choice? Either black or gold could look spiffy, too. :D

Way expensive, but if it turns out well, it'll be one of those projects that could end up a showpiece.

Greg.

• 6 months later...

Hey there

Has anyone ever played or heard one of these or similar aluminium bodied guitars. I was thinking of making an aluminium fronted strat style, even got the aluminium, but not sure whether I'll have problems with movement of materials due to climate changes etc will be a problem. I heard the old travis beans used to have all sorts of problems with their alloy necks under stage lights. I love the look though and aluminium is not bad to work with...quite soft!

psw

Some time ago I was thinking doing strat project like that. Guy selling the bodies was bit of *ss to work with.......wanted all cash upfront with 8 weeks delivery time.

His story changed ever other week about the quality of the bodies......he was selling some second grade on ebay he told me. And I would be getting a new one, next email I was getting NOS......

Just confusing story. With so much BS online....I declined.......

• 3 months later...

well for crazy bumpage...

I finally go the body last week.... grrr 4 to 6 week order becomes 46. And then the guy doesn't drill the output hole or strap button holes. Ill stop my complaning now... (at least here)

Mounted the moses graphite neck and the 3 tele bridges I have dont fit.....

After much research the only tele bridge that fits is the exact american standard bridge with the 3 screws imediatley behind the string holes.

Apparently the fullserve site has gone away so ill need to find a new host and take some pictures...

Holy Parallel Guitar Development Development Batman!!

Great Minds think alike!

I'm working on a very similar project right now, same body and same neck at least. Here is a photo of the work in progress.

G5Telecaster.jpg

My concept was to build a Tele that looks like the current line of G5 PowerMac computers though. I had the project on the back burner for a while but was just recently re-inspired after getting a 20" alum apple studio display at work. My version will have a matt finish on the body (matt anodizing?) and EMG pups to stay with a high tech theme. Also coincidentally I ordered an Aluminum Tele body from Marty at Sprucehill Guitars in late 2003 and did not receive it until march of last year. I emailed him all the time and kept getting these excuses that he "Took Sick". In his ebay listing where he talks about being in a hurry and all sales final I think he was talking about me. I badgered him quite a bit and threatend to cancel the order. I was also pretty unhappy about the way the bridge was drilled because I wasted to use a vintage style bridge with a ashtray cover. Also the only place that I could find a modern style Tele bridge was used on Ebay. Did you but your neck from Moses? I did and I was kind of ticked that the thing was molded for a Strat neck pocket and not the more squared off Tele style.

Good Luck finishing that thing up. I'm anxious to hear mine, I have no Idea how it will sound.

I'm glad I follow my huntch when talking to the guy when planning to order my Strat body from him. It sniffed like trouble....Just too many excuses, strange twitches in his stories......

And then this pay up front and be uncertain about shipping order........

I didn't think so.

Glad you guys got your order though.

i'd just like to throw in that if you call carvin you can get a bolt neck with a maple fretboard.  if it's the right dimensions i'd say that'd be a great choice.

They fit a strat neck pocket, if that helps. If I'm correct, you can put a strat neck in a tele neck pocket without any problems, and the gap will be covered up by the 22nd fret.

Edited by Kyle Cavanaugh

• 2 months later...

I'd like to know how you got that tele pickguard, too....

Also...love that strat...where did you find those pics...

And....has anyone ever gotten their hands on one of these aluminium guitars...What the hell do they sound like?

pete