Band Names

Brian

Never heard of any such band, but always liked "Elbow Presnogg and the Seed Humper Jug Band".

:D

Howdy,

There is a band in the SF area called the Impotent SeaSnakes. I caught them on HBO's Real Sex some time ago. They do alot of Swingers conventions. And they were in the news this past December. They were returning from a show in Vegas and their gear was stolen.

Make some noise,

Guitar Ed

just recently i was asked by some people i work with if i would consider joining thier band playing bass, since i have a bass and just bought that amp they thought i could help em out since they dont have a bass player, yea i was like sure, im still not all that great on my bass playing techniques but i can fumble around with it and actually we are not sounding that bad, now for a band name, i suggested (pockets of lint) but they didnt really like that one, other than that, i couldnt come up with anything else catchy

what u think of that

jeremy

I always liked:

Hoover & The Dust Bunnies

My little brother was in a band called S.P.O.C.K. Named after a bong I had it high school- Satanic Powered Oblong Cranium Killer.

A few months later, we built "Serik" out of a huge 5' clear plastic beef jerky container we got from a truck stop in New Mexico. (Serik is Spock's father.)

Nightmare Cinema got stolen from me by another band...

I'm sure I can remember a few more....I'll post them when I'm less tired. :-)

My neighbor's nephew is in a band which is alternately "PEN15" and "Seems Like Never" I think "SLN" is actually a cool name. "Pen Fifteen" is really just as juvenille as you'd expect a band made up of 15 - 16 year olds "We like it, *chuckle*, because when you write it, *giggle*, it looks like 'spam', bwahahahahahahahahaha"

Talking of juvenile, come to think of it, my first band was GPI. Nothing to do with guitar player international. The other guitar player was studying to be a Hospital Lab Technician, and discovered that GPI is General Paralysis of the Insane - a tertiary effect of syphillis.

Of course, when people told us we were a poxy band, we all fell about laughing...

Later changed to The Reactions, which was misquoted in clubs everywhere as the erections...

Now thinking of naming next band (should it ever happen - only I seem to be lumbered with doing anything) Basher's Office Kat. Mixture of injokes with the bass player...

• 3 weeks later...
Didn't even know that GB had a band called Geezer! :D Seems appropriate for more than one reason.

It's Geezer and a couple of relatively unknown guys. The first album (Plastic Planet) had Burton C. Bell from Fear Factory singing, the second (Black Science) has some guy who's name I can't remember, but who was dressed like Kid Rock on the album sleeve (this was pre-Kid Rock).

On the drums in the studio is Deen Costranovano (sp?) who's in Journey right now but has played with Ozzy and, I think, Steve Vai in the past.

Live drums are handled by Chad Smith, not from the Chilli Peppers but from my favorite never-got-a-break band, Anacrusis (He played on "Manic Frustrations" fire up KaZaa and download "Paint A Picture." He's pretty amazing). Chad/Anacrusis are from Geezer's U.S. hometown of St. Louis, so there you go, supporting local music.

hey my band is called ROOTED you cant have that name but i think CIB would be a cool name its short for Charlie In the Box i stole it from that stupid claymation movie with rudolf! B) i might use it for a record label name but heck if you use it first then i guess im out of luck :D

I thought this would be a good funny band name that you could take 2 ways if ya want to....

Fish Stick

• 2 weeks later...

i was in a band called HANOUS AGNESS

sometimes we were ANUS AND VIC :D