N00b help

KTB

try some stuff like the beggining solo parts of master of puppets or stairway, i love playing the stairway solo,

P.S. if u play the master of puppets one and you are a beginner, make sure its the first solo, i dont want to be responsible for any exploded heads.

I think he just means he wants to learn some other people's solos and treat them as compositions, rather than improvising over his old familiar box patterns. :D

I fleshed out the details a bit there as a reflection of how I've been feeling lately. <laff>

Greg

Learn some Zakk Wylde solo's maybe even check out the new BLS dvd, it has the solo's for Miracle Man, Cry Me A River, and The Begining... At Last. He walks you through each of them and none are really that hard. Definetly a good start for a beginner.

rock and roll, or metal would be prefered. Heavy blues stuff works too.

Hendrix has some good heavy blues stuff like "Voodoo Chile". Stevie Ray Vaughan's version kicks but too. "Hear my train a comin" (Hendrix).

Hendrix and Vaughan's versions of 'Third Stone From The Sun'....cool octaves, minor pentatonic stuff and various trippy sounds.

AC/DC... lotsa songs there covering blues and rock. Pretty easy to find sheet music or tab to 'Back in Black' album too. B):D

There was a discussion of "Crazy Train" (Ozzy) a while back. That song and solo are pretty easy.

How beginner are we talking here? :|

if that solo is being recommended seriously as a beginner thing, then godamn! im totally shut down :D

There was a discussion of "Crazy Train" (Ozzy) a while back. That song and solo are pretty easy.

How beginner are we talking here? :|

if that solo is being recommended seriously as a beginner thing, then godamn! im totally shut down :D

Hehe I know whatya mean, thats not exactly the easiest solo oto tackl efor evryone. I'd say its is an intermediate solo at the least. Your talking about tapping, sliding trills, triplet hammerons and pulloffs,controlled whammy dives, and and half step bends.

I think a good begginner solo would be the solo to Yellow Ledbetter by Pearl Jam, It is pretty good for a beginner and it gives you a chance to try out some simple bends and fingering patterns.

If you feel that's to easy then give a shot at the solo to Crazy Train.

i'm with nyjbkim...you do NOT want to play something you can easily learn,except for fun...for learning,the harder the stuff you tackle,the faster you learn...how do you think guys like rusty cooley get so good?

do you think he would be as good if he had stuck with the easy riffs?

Hey, im all for pushing the limits in order to get better, but that doesnt make the crazy train solo beginner difficulty :D

its a got a nice range of techniques involved so its a great candidate for learning if you want to push yourself as a beginner, but i would be ready to put in all the effort. Make sure its a solo you like though.

When i was starting to learn solos (and dont get me wrong, i still suck), if i applied myself, i could learn any solo i wanted eventually provided i had the gear to do it, but only if it was a solo i already loved and was motivated to learn. If it was something i wasnt really interested in i would give up at the first bump in the road.

- Dan

Umm btw I was playing that solo flawlessly my second month, which I think doesn't make me weak at all. but that doesn;t mean everyone can. If you start out trying stuff to high above your level, if you are not highly motivated it can easily frustrate you. Thats why I said if the PJ solo was to weak move one to Crazy Train. We all learn at different paces, whats important is that we all love the instrument. Teaching Success 101, let the student dictate the pace.

Thats awesome :D

well yeah, to be honest i didnt think there was many people out there that were that good after 1-2 months, but then again, i dont know too many people who totally and utterly threw themselves at it when they first started, so yeah.

good man, you have my envy B)

Thats awesome :D

well yeah, to be honest i didnt think there was many people out there that were that good after 1-2 months, but then again, i dont know too many people who totally and utterly threw themselves at it when they first started, so yeah.

good man, you have my envy B)

Don't envy me please. It wasn't meant as a brag, just me being defensive (which is stupid so I apologize). The only reason I did get that solo down so quick was because I had a great teacher and because I was so obsessed with Randy Rhoads that I practiced that solo over and over for 4 hours a day. While I watched TV, while I ate, While I should have been doing my homework, you get the point!!! Again Sorry for the tone of that last post. I wasn't trying to be a jerk.

Don't envy me please. It wasn't meant as a brag, just me being defensive (which is stupid so I apologize). The only reason I did get that solo down so quick was because I had a great teacher and because I was so obsessed with Randy Rhoads that I practiced that solo over and over for 4 hours a day. While I watched TV, while I ate, While I should have been doing my homework, you get the point!!! Again Sorry for the tone of that last post. I wasn't trying to be a jerk.

No problem :D

I didnt take it that like that anyway

i still envy you anyway, who cares if thats how you learnt it? you still would have had some serious skills after you were done with it B)

I am still struggling with the Crazy Train solo, it was me who posted for info on it, I got the tapping down pat and thats bout it, about half a bar after the tapping then i am done, i cant find any tabs or what not to learn the rest, i been tryin to get my friends dad to teach me but hes re buildin his basement (and suckered me into helpin him put up dry wall today :D , lol ) so i havent been able to learn it

If you want an easy solo, i mean this i so easy its not funny, Twisted Sister's Were not going to Take it

Curtis