Latest updates.....

Guest AlexVDL

NICE... really nice! Love the carved top and back! I wouldn't choose for those inlays, but they're really not bad at all.

Great craftmanship... how about a carved top JEM for the next project? B)

:D:D:D

Its quilted maple, more than an inch thick. The carve is twice as deep (more actually) than a Les Paul, because the top was so thick.

The colour? Stained with brown oak stain, then immediately wiped off with a clean dry rag, then stained with a yellow stain and lacquered with 2pac. Thats three coats so far, with another 5-10 to go.

That piece was the worst piece i had, so i cant wait to use the others :-)

Guest AlexVDL

I noticed the way how you put your humbuckers into the body :D Looks like my guitar B)

Can you tell us more about how you routed the cavities and how you are going to put the humbuckers in???

:D:D:D

That is gorgeous, with no reservations at all! I have to say, it's such wonderful work like this that almost puts me off having a go - I could never get to that standard!

:D

Alex, see my sugnature at the bottom of this post for the "official" website which details the entire build. But, the holes are half a millimetre wider than the pickup. The pickups slip into the hole (on a slight angle, eg: if you are facing the guitar straight on, the top of the pickup is higher than the bottom of the pickup...i hope you understand!).

The pickups continue right into the boddy, into a chamber on the left side of the body (looking front on). Once in the cavity, the pickuops can be flattened, and brought back into the pickup "area". The underside of the top is shaped and carved so the pickups mount dirrectly under the top (no springs), to the correct height.

This is my first guitar, but ive already got one order for another, and the repair work is starting to flow in, so im going to quit my job and see what happens. I really appreciate the comments guys, thanks.

Hey Dude,

Awesome workmanship, style, and materials. :D

Keep it going, and "illigitimi non carborundum" - Don't let the bastards wear you down. Keep to your own vision, you will have more fun and success than doing what everybody else says you should do.

Later days,

Guitar Ed