26" scale?

Well here is my problem. I have a body and routed the neck pocket and the single bridge humbucker route. Turns out that I routed the humbucer too far back on the body. Now with the 25.5" scale I origionally intended on places the bridge only about 5/8" away from the route. LMI sells a 26.15ish scale fretboard. This would allow me to move the bridge back to a descent distange from the humbucker. Does anyone have any ideas about any other ramifications of this change. I would imagine that I would have at least a 3/8" overhang but thats fine as I only have the bridge pickup. Also the neck is already cut out and was set up for the 25.5" scale. I can't figure out if this will also be an issue. Thanks guys!

thanks Wes! My main thing was not wanting to make a new neck. I was hoping to simply get the 26.18" fretboard and attach it to the existing neck I have been working on. LMI says they are 22 fret so I know there will be overhang. I couldnt really extend the neck pocket at this point because then the neck would be scrap. Any ideas?

Rhodes, when i set up the hardware (fenderhardtail bridge and humbucker mounting ring) the two touched eachother. It looked kind of odd to me. I am worried that if I were able to lengthen the pocket as Wes said that the fit would suffer. How much would you guys suggest I move lengthen it? Maybe I could fill the route and redo it a bit closer to the neck pocket. :D

Also, who says there has to be overhang? Go to the line for fret 22.. or 21... or whichever, and zzzzip, saw it off! :D Of course, if you have space for the overhang, you might as well keep it anyhow, but if you're worried it'll get in the way there's nothing wrong with just cutting off the excess.

Greg

Thanks for all the ideas. Here is what I think im going to do. Im going to make a new neck with my last blank. For this one I'll just move the nut about 1/2" toward the heel esentially shortening the whole neck 1/2" and allowing the bridge some extra room. This way my neck pocket route wont have to change and I can stick with the 25.5 scale. Now a question that I was going to ask in another thread. For those who use a stewmac hotrod truss rod how long is your actual route for it? If it will be adjusted from the heel how far from the nut do you stop? Thanks again!

Yeah its a solid color but honestly I really would rather just make a modified neck (as long as that option works :D ). I don't have any mahagony scrap and I could use the neck making practice.