Authentic Relic (R)

Guest Litchfield Custom Gutars

classical%20back.jpg

The best pic I have of the relic on my classical. I'll get a better one of it after I get more film for my digicam.

Any clue on that wood?

i think it is close.

It has similar characteristics, yes, it IS in the same family (good of you to point that out), but I'm pretty sure mahogany and sapele come from different trees, though i may be wrong.

I think, however, saying that it is a species of mahogany would be like saying monkeys are a species of humans. :D

Digicam film = Batteries :D

Its German. It was my first refin, and I attempted a sunburst. At 14, you have strange ideas.

From that figure, and from one picture it's difficult to say, but it looks similar to the Nigerian Satinwood that I've used. I know that some guitars use that on the backs for the figure. I think the Jewel Taylor models have that in fact.

Does the grain have a satin like shimmer to it when you move the guitar in the light?

From that figure, and from one picture it's difficult to say, but it looks similar to the Nigerian Satinwood that I've used. I know that some guitars use that on the backs for the figure. I think the Jewel Taylor models have that in fact.

Does the grain have a satin like shimmer to it when you move the guitar in the light?

Why, yes it does