which one...

MikeB

which strat should i build? (see pics)  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

hey guys, i was wonderin which strat style guitar you think i should build. i have 3 ideas so far, see below.

flamed fretboard and neck... semi aged neck & aged parts

Strat%20Guitar%20Design%201.jpg

flamed fretboard, maple neck, aged parts, black burst onto purple stain, aged parts

Strat%20Guitar%20Design%202.jpg

yngiwe style aged candy apple red strat

Strat%20Guitar%20Design%203%20aged.jpg

i kinda like the yngwie style and the burst one... perhaps the burst one more.

comments appreciated!

Mike

I like that quilt on top. Change the black pickguard to a mirror, and with chrome hardware you've got a killer! Of course, the only thing that really matters is what you like best (unless you're building for someone else). You could even get the best of 1 and 2 and do a translucent "burst". Opaque purple on the edges and translucent on top and back. Again, do what you like best. I'm totally biased. I love strats, quilt and mirror pickguards.

the second guitar has the same quilt, but its more covered up, which i would change. i think im still biased towards the second one.

i like the malmsteen one, but i like the uniqueness of the others... tempted with hotrails as well... stacked single coils would feature.

Mike

Electronics wise, I would highly recommend the Seymour JB Junior for the bridge. It is the greatest single-coil size bridge-position P/U I have ever heard. Had one on the Iron Maiden Signature strat. Great, just great sounding.

yes, it was one of my options!! my brother would kill for the iron maiden strat!! he is sooooo obcessed! it cant be healthy!

im having stack in the neck, perhaps an overwound in the middle, or stack, and maybe a cool rail/hot rail/jb junior in the bridge, im gonna have to try and play these!! or at least match outputs!

electronics- the op-amp buffer i used in the other guitar for vol, a mid boost perhaps, and something else, im still not sure.

Mike

thanks for the input, i think i will build the second one, tho i have been wanting a rack unit, or at least a kick ass distortion modeller for quite a while now, so funding is an issure, we will see!!!

Mike

you build that one curtis!! its uunique, and i think that you may appreciate it more than i would! hehe!! its pretty different i must say, but i generally dont like bigsby's, they are restricting, great for what they do, like small vibrato... is it duane eddy does this? idi i make this guy up? but you get the picture! you really should have a crack at the guitar curtis, see how it goes, im interested anyway!!!

Mike

Actually, my friend wants a strat copy, so i am going to trace my washburn strat copy for him, and if he wants it done, i will do the body for him for a small fee i guess, tell him to get some quilted maple with birdseye neck and ebony fingerboard

Curtis

the first one with an ebony neck. anything but maple, actually...