Bridge styles

Im considering which non-tremolo bridge to add on the guitar project im planing. Im thinking of a tunomatic bridge but all other options are just as fine. Im looking for a bridge that offers me the most adjusting options to be able to get perfect intonation and setup action properly. The guitar I would like it to be string-throught the body. The most imprortant factors would be ease of play, palm muting etc. tell me your feelings and coments about each suggestion.

I need to make the bridge disition to be able to calculate the angle of the neck by calculating according to the lowest height of the bridge.

Thanks,

Andreas.

i agree, i have the hipshot fixed bridge on one of mine. solid brass bridge (a little heavier than a bent steel one), and the saddles are cast with a matt finish so they look like brushed aluminium. and as scott says, they are very comfortable because of the rounded edges.

also i used this bridge with no neck angle on a neckthru guitar. i just about got away with it :D

john.

Those bridges look excellent. Great recommendation! It's not too late for me to switch from TOM-style... ;-)

I don't know if it's the exact same thing, but StewMac has a similar thing HERE by Hipshot, also. The price is different, and the contours on the Hipshot page make it look sturdier and smoother, but it might well be the same thing. Cheaper at StewMac than direct from Hipshot.

Greg

The fixed bridge by hipshot seems excelent.

The lowest height is 7.62 mm in the one with the lowest base.

If you subtract from it the fretboard thickness which is 4.8mm on average and the 1 mm thickness of the frets you get a total of the lowest action possible of 1.82mm.

To be able to compensate that lowest value on a 25 inch scale you will need an angle of 0.45 degrees which is imposible

My curent action in my guitar is more than 3 mm and I feel its prety low since it sometimes gives me fret buzzing.

So after saying that I feel that this bridge can give me the option of doing a neckthrough without a neck angle.

also i used this bridge with no neck angle on a neckthru guitar. i just about got away with it

john.

John you made something im only planning to do. Please tell me some more about what you made...When it is at its lowest action how low is it?

If the action is too high you could always recess the bridge slightly during pre-paint assembly, ie: route a recess for the baseplate to sit in

Yes thatswhat I want to avoid doing by calculating all these numbers... I hope I dont end up to that since I think It will start to loose some comfortability if it is too low

wow you can have a whammy bar on bass guitars? you learn something new every day

The Kahler was originally a bass bridge, i think Les Claypool has one. It must make some REALLY low nasty noises when you descend the bar.