Remodeling a JB

I have a JB PLAYER PRO ACTIVE ELEC GUITAR ROLAND GK2 HC STRAT that I got for free from my friend he was throing about because of a some loose screws a missing nut and some soldering Can i send someone a PIcture of my guitar to post since I am un able too? :D

anyways I need to know what tools I will need to strip the paint, fix some cracks, some and whether I should prime the body.

Peace and chicken grease B):D Chad

I havn't been able to play the guitar on an amp yet so I am not sure wether or not i like them I will try them out today if my damn friend brings me my amp :D god hes so stupid if he doesn't bring it i will walk over to his house and take it i dont care if im sick B). I'll call him soon. Thanks stone for the help.

Could you recommend any paints that are good for guitars?

Pretty sure 'selects' are passive. Had them in an old Westone - no battery. They did have a nice quick disconnect, tho.

I didn't know EMG made any passive pickups...I guess if he thought they sucked that means EMG should stick to active :D

yes they also make passives...most people agree they suck...

i don't remember if selects are passive but they are pretty much crap,and tat is what jb players come standard with

Yes, Selects are passive, as are the HZ range. I son't know much about the Selects, but the HZ range is designed to emulate active pickups, without actually being active. The problem is, they made some of them so high output in an effort to make them sound active, that they try to force the amp into overdrive, even if you're playing clean, so the clean tones of some of the range are rather lacking.