Tiger Completed

I really like that guitar! I loved that guitar when George Lynch played it.

Thanks Jehle - he's actually using it as his main guitar now. I saw him on tour and at a clinic and he's using his tiger and his "Bones" guitars only. The tiger gets used much more often than the bones guitar though. I talked very briefly with him at the clinic and he seems very interested in guitar construction.

Well, when does George get to play one of yours? B)

That would be a huge feather in your cap! Not to mention it would :D

Well, when does George get to play one of yours?

Well, he kinda did - that's him holding my skull guitar in my avatar. The pic was taken before I stained the guitar blue. I know that's not really what you meant but I thought I'd point that out since most people probably don't have any idea what my avatar is.

Well, when does George get to play one of yours?

Well, he kinda did - that's him holding my skull guitar in my avatar. The pic was taken before I stained the guitar blue. I know that's not really what you meant but I thought I'd point that out since most people probably don't have any idea what my avatar is.

[kyle voice] DUDE! [/kyle voice]

B):D

Thank you very much for the kind words. I really like the maple fretboard also. I grew up playing my RG550 which has a maple fretboard so when I started building guitars - I went with Ebony and rosewood just to have a change. I think I'm switching back to maple now.

I was also concerned that the maple body would be a bad choice with the maple fretboard and neck. It does have a bright sound but I really like it a lot. It's not a piercing type of bright - just more lively if you know what I mean.

I grew up playing my RG550 which has a maple fretboard

Same here, bro!

I reaaly like maple boards, especially if they are of figured variety. I reaaly like Phil Collen's signature Jackson-not-so-pointy that has really nice maple board.

PC1_Phil_Collen_xl.jpg

Cheers, Dave! You've done it again. Three axes in a row.

mullmuzzler | OSSMT

• 2 years later...

Do a search on Dave Q and read his last posts, he tells that he was going off line for a year or something, I think he was moving, don't remember the details, but if you read his last posts, his reasons for dropping 'off the grid' are there, maybe a way to find him...dunno...

I just sent him an email via his personal profile alerting him to your questions, guess we'll wait and see if he answers. :D

He did pull them, I just found THIS LINK to pics of his guitars, but no Tiger in there. He probably pulled them to make room for his newer work.

He liked it very much. He knew (and commented as I remember) that an all Maple guitar isn't exactly popular, but Dave Q knew exactly what he was doing, knew what tones he liked, it fit what he wanted and needed, and he loved the final tone, full well knowing that a lot of people probably wouldn't care for it, it was exactly what he wanted.

Dave plays heavily processed '80's Metal/Shred a fair amount of the time I believe, and the Maple gave him the high end cut he was looking for.