Jehle's Vee Project

Well, it's done. There's so many things that I learned on this build. It was my first scratch build for everything. The neck is not bad considering. I think my next one will be better (geez, I'm already thinking about building another!).

Here's a peek at the front...

pg4146.jpg

And here's two more links to have a full view of the front and back.

Back View

Full Front

Enjoy the pics. Now I'm off to record a little bit with it so y'all can hear it! :D

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonderfull..

congratulation. your all building..

guitar making is really exciting.. ^^

ebony is difficult to making fingerboard than rosewood..

my strart work is finished too.. ^^

have nice weekend..

lovely guitar Bill! How's she play?

hey jehle..are those the inf 1 and 2 pickups?how do you like them?

what are the specs on the electronics?

Well, actually, they are a pair of MityMite Mother Buckers that I got for the project before I bought the INF1 and 2 pickups from you Wes. I have plans for those other two pickups. B)

Those PU's are pretty hot. The neck pickup is smooth and mellow with a great clean jazz tone. The bridge pickup is a real scortcher that sound brilliant for early MSG stuff. :D

All 3 pots are 500k, and I have no clue what value the caps are for the tones.

How's she play?

It sounds and feels really comfortable. I don't have the strap buttons on yet, so I've had to play sitting down. That's not easy to do with a V. My only complaint is that the neck feels a little too chunky near the nut. Ah well, it was my first ever neck build. It could have been MUCH worse.

Thanks for all the great comments everyone. This guitar was a real blast to build. All in all it took 5 months from concept to completion. Sometimes it was just 5 minutes a day, sometimes entire weekends were devoted to carving and sanding. I'm so glad it's done, and I'm looking forward to the next one. I'm not quite sure what it's going to be yet, but I do have my ideas of what would be nice.

By the way... I had photographed and video taped the entire guitar build (all five months of it) and it's going to be part of my next CD release. I've been so secretive about it all because I think it's the first of it's kind. For details, check here... control FREAK