8 string guitar bridge?

for a future project, i'm thinking of giving a shot at building an 8 string guitar. the problem is, i don't know of any places that would sell an 8 string bridge.

so are there any places that sell custom made hardware?

there is a place that sells an 8 string bridge...i don't remember where though...i am sure someone else knows

I have a set of Emg 45J pickups, they're supposed to be for 6 string basses, but i think someone was saying that they would be good for 8 string guitars, if any one's interested... figured it was fairly related :D

I have a set of Emg 45J pickups, they're supposed to be for 6 string basses, but i think someone was saying that they would be good for 8 string guitars, if any one's interested... figured it was fairly related :D

Seems to me like their 45DC extended series would be better. I believe it is just an 85 in a bigger box.

you know, this gives me some amusement and inspiration as i am a big fan of meshuggah and a lot of other european black/death metal bands. i might actually think about doing a seven or an eight stringer for some amusement. :D but would that bridge work on a neckthru guitar

you know, this gives me some amusement and inspiration as i am a big fan of meshuggah and a lot of other european black/death metal bands. i might actually think about doing a seven or an eight stringer for some amusement. :D but would that bridge work on a neckthru guitar

yah meshuggah rock. them and vai are my inspiration for trying an 8 string.

well you can view meshuggah two ways: A. a metal band with really low and heavy riffs that are sometimes repetitive and actually get "off topic" at times in the middle of a song so to speak or B. math metal geniuses. its actually weird that they know a serious sh*tload of stuff. i believe one of the guitarists has a big music degree. they can take a song and base it off of a systematic pattern of fifths and thirds taken off of a scale in a few different octaves. i swear this is some serious stuff that the usual ozzfest-going stoner couldnt pick out.(no offense to people who go to ozzfest, as im going toothis summer)

I have built myself an 8 string a few years ago, I was able to use an emg 707 since I made my own bridge plate and modified some saddles to reduce the string spacing at the bridge to fit within the pickup range of the 7 string pickup. There might be a machine shop near you where someone would be willing to help you out and make it for free. There are also a few other things you could try and make it yourself. My Webpage My 8 string and some other work I have done are on my site(yes my site sucks, but it shows my work)