any punk players?

BlackHawk2025

well i play alot of everythng, so this would be a rock punk rig, ya know, more vintage style, at the mo it's just a 1982 westonethunderII with all the electronices replaced with a single seymour duncan phatcat P-90 in the bridge, with a vol. and on off switch then straight into (now nolonger mine due its sale) atrace elliot super tramp, but within the next week it will be going into a zoom driver pedal(trust me, it rocks) and then in to a zoom dist pedal(again it rocks), then in to my soon to be aquired 70's sound city 50 plus head! (think plexi) Only £125 off ebay and has orginal mullard tubes in! man its gonna rock, oh then in to a homebuilt 2x12 cab, but I might make it into two 1x12 cabs. there ya go, my punk/rock/what ever im playing rig!

I can play punk, its ever so easy, lol

heres whats in my rig

Washburn Lyon strat copy

Peavey Bandit 112 solo series with Scorpion speaker

Ibanez some something distortion

Fender extra heavy picks

Curtis

let me define the punk genre in a simple formula.

overdriven guitar

loud ass bass.

loud ass drummer. (sometimes talented)

I-IV-V chord progression

choose key.

scream.

EDIT: the answer to your question. solid state amps are fine for a punk sound. anything with decent metal overdive is fine. and a humbucking guitar.

Long time ago - about 1978 - the band I was in used to play a lot of new wave stuff - Johnny Thunders, Pistols, Ramones..

Marshall and an LP DC-type (Gordon Smith) springs to mind, but I myself used what is now called a fat strat into a Sound City 50W Concorde combo. Wish i still had it...

overdriven guitar

loud ass bass.

I-IV-V chord progression

choose key.

scream.

EDIT: the answer to your question. solid state amps are fine for a punk sound. anything with decent metal overdive is fine. and a humbucking guitar.

It acutally has good lryics as well. If you actually listen to what joey ramone, and jello biafra were screaming about, you would bust a gut. :D

hi ... im a new member ... my 1st message ... i play alot of punk and im a bass player

i have...

an Ibanez GSR200

and a

Torque T50L - 60W amp

i get a great punk sound by turning the front pickup off and the rear one on full with the tone turned full down then up a little bit

i put treble and bass on full on the amp and pressure about 3 with a tiny bit of middle

B)

Tom :D:D

overdriven guitar

loud ass bass.

I-IV-V chord progression

choose key.

scream.

:D Thanks for summing up the movement that brought us The Clash, The Jam, Black Flag, The Police, Flipper, The Buzzcocks and especially The Ramones so succinctly - and what genre of heavy music doesn't that describe? You sound like my dad, dude! :DB):D

I can play punk, its ever so easy, lol

heres whats in my rig

Washburn Lyon strat copy

Peavey Bandit 112 solo series with Scorpion speaker

Ibanez some something distortion

Fender extra heavy picks

Curtis

hey, there is a lot of punk out there ill be you couldnt pull off :D

btw, i know you were just jokin around B)

I used to play a bit of punk stuff, i have a few intermedite range guitars (Cort, Hohner, plus a few 2nd hand things ive done up as project) going through a Boss GT6 then a Kustom 100w Solid State combo.