Stairstep To Heaven

No, I've still got the body, but I had the top and bottom sanded off and am starting over. The WOD was just a joke, kind of...

I think what I'm putting on it now will smoke what you see, else I wouldn't do it.

Then again, I was stoopid enough to sand off the Blue Lacewood top off of the Warlock too. :D

I can certainly be a retard on occasion. B):D:D

But yes, I would WOD a body, and have done so before, for the pot holes or 5-way in a bad place, I think that's a very important aspect of the guitar overall is proper access and location of controls.

woot.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

holy God!!! Drak that is astonishing!! makes me wanna do a quilt top next... i think i will actually!

allow me to restate... HOLY ****!!!!!! man alive that is AWESOME!

why not just install a second switch instead of retopping it? so it has a functional switch where you want it and just leave the one that is in the spot you don't like? might look kinda cool to have two... and you wouldn't have to chuck that top..? and if you are chucking it, can i have it :D

The top on the one above was Myrtle. I got it from Cook Woods on the 'bay. Nice folks, nice wood. I don't think that wood cost me but $25.00 or so. The back was a carbon copy of the top too, I had 4 pieces cut from the original blog.

Myrtle has a cool smell to it too when you cut it or sand it. Mmmmm. :D

why not just install a second switch instead of retopping it? so it has a functional switch where you want it and just leave the one that is in the spot you don't like? might look kinda cool to have two

Because that would be 'settling', and I don't 'settle' for mistakes. :D:D

When you see that guitar re-incarnated, you'll love the new one just as much as the old one, trust me. B)

PS, this wood is out there every day all over the 'bay. I neve have any problems finding wood like this, ever. It's there if you look. You just have to know what you're looking for, but it's always there. I don't have any secret supplier, I buy it on the 'bay like everyone else does.

Well, I do have 'one' secret, hehehe...

Sometimes some of this nice wood will only be 16 or 16 1/2", and it kills it for a lot of guitar guys. Sometimes. And it will be cheaper too.

I just say, 'I'm building anudder Tele!'. :DB)

Reason I bring that up is that I remember that Myrtle wood was only 16" long. It was one of 'those' times.