I have found, my sound

Curtis P

yep, my pedal died on me, so i just turned on the distortion from the amp, and BANG! the most amazing sound, well not really, but a really good sound, that i really like, anyways, heres a little clip, its a bit of smoke on the water (real way) and some ACDC,

My Sound

my settings are:

Superstat- full

Gain-on

Shift-off

Post-0.5

Bottom-6

Body-9

Edge-full

Reverb-Full

This is for a Peavey Bandit 112 Solo Series with Scorpion Speaker

Curtis

Definitely sounds like a Bandit. :D You need to back off on the treble a bit... it hurts my ears.

But i do have to say your playing seems to have improved a lot lately... your sense of timing is much better, and you don't sound as stiff and awkward as you did just a few weeks ago. You've been practicing! Keep up the good work!

Thankfully, we all know that as Curtis learns and grows, he will discover a different sound... and that in the end, although he may find his "main" sound, he will not have just one sound. :D

Man...

I'm just showing my age here, but to me, CRUNCH sounds way fiercer than scooped distortion. I like to hear at least a wee bit of what the 'clean' tone would sound like, if you know what I mean... I realize that you don't really, but... well, I think some people know what I'm getting at. The Queens of the Stone Age are super badass, and their distortion isn't full on by a long shot.

Boost them mids, rather than scoop them. Drop the gain. Keep some treble in there, though; and Bob's your grandfather's other son.

Greg

ahhh yes queens of the stone age, I love there sounds, but find it really hard to replicate them at all!

Like greg said, definetly dont scoop the mids. I like my mid around 4 but thats on MY amp not your so you figure out what you like on yours. Just a bit of info but Kerry King (Slayer) and Zakk Wylde both boost their mids, and imo both have a very brutal sound.

Like greg said, definetly dont scoop the mids. I like my mid around 4 but thats on MY amp not your so you figure out what you like on yours. Just a bit of info but Kerry King (Slayer) and Zakk Wylde both boost their mids, and imo both have a very brutal sound.

they don't really boost their mids...they just have more mids than some other metal bands....slayer runs their mids around 3 or 4 i would say on the jcm 800,judging by the sound live

technically it is still scooped...just not to such a big degree