Speed Picking

ShreddyKrueger

by speed picking do you mean alternate, economy, hybrid, sweep, all downstrokes, or all of the above. there are many ways to make your pick quick (nice rhyme, eh!). I think the key to learning any of those styles of picking is to go very painfully slow and deliberate with a metronome, making sure that the last note you picked rings straight through until you start to pick the second one. Then work it gradually very gradually up to higher tempos. NO miracle cure here, just smart practicing.

the best way is this:

play frets 1-2-3-4 in order on 6 th string

then do same on 5th and so on...

when youre finished at 1rst string slide your fingers up a fret and go down the neck

5-4-3-2 the go 2nd string

continue this chain up the neck using up and down picking

2nd tip:

:D PRACTICE! B)

the most important thing is the timing of your left hand (if you are right handed), because pretty soon your left hand will move quickly at a pretty tight rhythm, but the left hand will sometimes hold the right hand up, so practice (obviously) and start slow, then make your way up :D

i gotta disagree ultramn. If you wanna do chromatics like that I feel like you should use the entire chromatic scale. doing the 4 finger 4 fret approach is fine but leaves out notes in the chromatic scale. If you use the entire 12 notes it also helps train your ears.