PRS? Why are they considered better than others

bigdguitars

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I completely disagree with rhoads on the phrase that no one of us will ever get to such a position. I bet I will and I will make better guitars than his.

Please do, it would be great to see you do that.

When you sell $15 million dollars worth of guitars (including 200 at $20,000 each) in ONE YEAR, give me a call, i'll be the first to congratulate you.

Is that in one year from now?

And I completely disagree with rhoads on the phrase that no one of us will ever get to such a position. I bet I will and I will make better guitars than his.

Please do, it would be great to see you do that.

When you sell $15 million dollars worth of guitars (including 200 at $20,000 each) in ONE YEAR, give me a call, i'll be the first to congratulate you.

Is that in one year from now?

Nope, no need to be totally unrealistic Jeff :DB)

Paul Reed Smith had a retail turnover in excess of $15 million dollars per year, within seven years from forming the company. I'll be generous and give AELI 10 years to do it.

If he's gonna come anywhere close, he better buy 3 CNC machines at least.. lol

But then again, I'm of the belief that if you work hard enough, and smart enough and are total focused on your goals. You can accomplish alot, but setting up unrealistic goals isn't good either... lol It may be more realistic to say," I'm gonna build 10 great guitars this year". Take small steps, before you can take big ones.

Problem being, as with many things, with PRS it was also a matter of good timing, smart marketing, and hard damn work.

Without having the business acumen and insight to understand exactly "why", and not having any factual basis for this opinion: there are many more people trying to get a piece of the same pie that PRS was lucky enough to feast on. And there just isn't that much of a demand or a market for the same kind of phenomenon right now.

Greg

Problem being, as with many things, with PRS it was also a matter of good timing, smart marketing, and hard damn work.

Without having the business acumen and insight to understand exactly "why", and not having any factual basis for this opinion: there are many more people trying to get a piece of the same pie that PRS was lucky enough to feast on. And there just isn't that much of a demand or a market for the same kind of phenomenon right now.

Greg

BINGO! Someone bring this man his prize please.

Absolutely! Nobody's going to be able to repeat Paul's success by doing the same thing he did. He literally created a demand for his product by marketing to a neglected demographic, and now he owns it! You may not care for his product, but you've got to admit that if you're making high-end guitars, you're competing against his marketing machine, and it is formidable!

Absolutely! Nobody's going to be able to repeat Paul's success by doing the same thing he did. He literally created a demand for his product by marketing to a neglected demographic, and now he owns it! You may not care for his product, but you've got to admit that if you're making high-end guitars, you're competing against his marketing machine, and it is formidable!

They told Sam Walton the same thing about K-Mart.

He literally created a demand for his product by marketing to a neglected demographic, and now he owns it!

Well he had a little help in the demand dept because when he came out Gibson was at their all time worst! Lots and lots of Gibson Les Paul sales were lost to PRS's simply cause the LP's were poorly made and QA was aweful.

At the same time, many Gibson endorsees' when over to PRS which gave them even more of a boost. Now, many of these same endorsees have gone back to Gibson suspecting cause they got their act together and the Custom Shop saved their butts.