new ESP

ikke_998

They lie about who plays those guitars. 

Do they? I haven't seen that, so examples would be appreciated to back up such a slanderous statement.

They say james hetfield plays the ESP standard eclipse wich isn't tru!!

he plays on a custom made custom LP finish eclipse with special inlays and has 2 gibson custom les pauls!!

of course hetfield is assosiated with ESP and because the new explorer arn't played by him they used him to promote the eclipse!

Never said that was an LTD. But looks at the LTD page, it shows all these artist and says they play a $180 guitar :D

I havent see war at the warfield in a looong time, but i highly doubt he was playing a floyd. I remember reading reviews were he said how much he hated them. And his black sig. model had a Kahler

Jeff_Hanneman1.jpg

i hope he hasent gone to floyds B)

I've got a Kahler on my Aria Pro, and it does'nt even compare to the Floyd Rose on my Carvin. The Kahler is to light, and it gets out of tune too easily. The Floyd rules over Kahler

I've got a Kahler on my Aria Pro, and it does'nt even compare to the Floyd Rose on my Carvin. The Kahler is to light, and it gets out of tune too easily. The Floyd rules over Kahler

i'll place a bet it is not a 2300 pro....comparing a cheap aria pro kahler to a 2300 pro is like comparing a $30 liscensed floyd to the real floyd...

PLEASE do some reading and learning...you are making alot of blanket statements on the forum and they are not making you sound learned

Settle down man, no need for insults. Sure westheman might be a bit edgy, and who can blame him with the amount of fools that pass through here, but he wasnt rude...

He deserves the same courtesy.

Calm down ya freak. I have a Kahler Flyer U.S.A. made. And my other is an Original Floyd Rose. I don't care about sounding learned. Jesus, someone has a view different than your own and you **** your pants. :D

they are all usa made...the flyer is the bottom line one

anyway

OK, back were we were, Wes or BLS either one of you have any feedback on the difference in feel between the both, Kahler and Floyd? I have never used a Kahler and wil like to know why all the people are raving about, like that ESP posted on their website that even if you want a guitar with it they won't do it!

the main difference between the 2 is that the kahler is not a fulcrum trem...there are no knife edges to wear down...the 2300 pro uses a cam which the bar is hooked into to pull the strings over the roller saddles the 2300 is equipped with...what this means is that when you pull on the bar,the strings stay the same height from the fretboard,they do not pull back into the frets,which means you can set your action lower without worrying about fret outs on heavy pulls

ALSO(and this is a big one in my book)the kahler 2300 pro(what slayer uses)requires only a shallow rout in the top of the body,and NO routing in the back....more wood,more of the desired tone(in my opinion,anyway)

and you don't snip the ball ends...but it is recomended that you solder the wraps to keep them from coming undone

rhoads56 deals them last i heard...

the main difference between the 2 is that the kahler is not a fulcrum trem...there are no knife edges to wear down...the 2300 pro uses a cam which the bar is hooked into to pull the strings over the roller saddles the 2300 is equipped with...what this means is that when you pull on the bar,the strings stay the same height from the fretboard,they do not pull back into the frets,which means you can set your action lower without worrying about fret outs on heavy pulls

ALSO(and this is a big one in my book)the kahler 2300 pro(what slayer uses)requires only a shallow rout in the top of the body,and NO routing in the back....more wood,more of the desired tone(in my opinion,anyway)

and you don't snip the ball ends...but it is recomended that you solder the wraps to keep them from coming undone

rhoads56 deals them last i heard...

thanks Wes, I have never seen one so this helps me understand why someone will prefer them! It will be cool to have them post here, and have Tom talk about his ESP bass to.