Driskill Guitars

Damn, thats really inspiring stuff, thanks for the link!

Not too hot on his body shape either, but mannn - everything about his guitars and the craftsmanship is awesome :D

Driskill can be blamed for me starting building guitars in the first place. When I saw his website a couple years ago, and all the guitar building photos I knew I had to build at least one. Actually, I have talked to him over the phone alot of times since then, but I try not to both him much, and he's a super nice guy also. lol He's even given me the ok to make one guitar that's just like his, but just for a project. That's my next goal, finishing the Driskill replica I started a couple of months back. I messed the first neck up, so I'm having to remake it. As far as the paint he uses a polyester based paint, and has UV machines to dry it. He makes some top notch guitars in my opinion.

Dosent he machine all he bridges too??

yes, he even makes his own carbon fiber neck reinforcement pieces, He soaks the fiber in the resin himself. It seems he spends all his time making guitars, like 7 days a week ,12 hours a day or something like that. I'd be in a straight-jacket if I worked like that.

I can imagine he has a bed in the corner of his shop, probably with power tools all around the bed, with some smaller hand tools actually in the bed (like some people need to sleep with their stuffed teddy, he probably snuggles with a palm sander or something like that)... and he just sleeps there. It's probably his home.

• 2 weeks later...

That's the deepest and most mesmerizing quilt I've ever seen. Ever asked how much a guitar like that goes for Guitaarfrenzy? I've sent him an email but probably he was too busy for such unimportant mail. He really makes nearly everything by himself. I wouldn't be suprized if he grew his own wood too.

I want one of those :D

Worst guitars I have ever seen.........Jackson are soo much better!!!

J/K Those guitars look very nice. My eyes were watering the whole time. It made me want to go out in the garage and build guitars. I want one!! I love his inlays, and the wood quality!!!! :D