Time for another project........

BeAR

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i would say...some type of color shifting paint...maybe metallic...hmm...pretty... :D

or do something just plain wierd with it, say, a rainbow...who know's it's not a normal guitar and it does not deserve a normal finish.

make us all proud!

Ok, I think the colour is decided.

Like a creamy/white metallic with a pearl through the clear coat.

Ill leave the 70's headstock and paint the face to match. Top it off with the authentic Fender Logo and we should be good to go.

The F hole looks too funky to go with the small headstock.

Top it off with an ebony bridge.

Should look great!!

Good choice sticking with the big 70s headstock, another feature that will make it unique. Though I'm personally not crazy about painted headstocks.

Check this guy out for the proper decal; his auctions get run off regularly, but then reappear.

"click"

How about carved ebony vol/tone knobs? I've seen 'em somewhere...

Looks great!

Good choice sticking with the big 70s headstock, another feature that will make it unique. Though I'm personally not crazy about painted headstocks.

Check this guy out for the proper decal; his auctions get run off regularly, but then reappear.

"click"

How about carved ebony vol/tone knobs? I've seen 'em somewhere...

Looks great!

i dunno, BeAR is the KING of bezier curves.....were you going to make the logo yourself BeAR? if you do, could you email it to me?

snowboarding_stinks@msn.com

"click"

I made the most of his logos B)

...also in Coreldraw btw, I love the bezier curve tool :D

i use the jasc photo shop 6 it also has the bezier curve tool/line which is tricky sometimes but once you get used to it is priceless!!!!!l

so...when are we gonna get to see the finished product? i'm waiting anxiously here to find out how cool this thing is gonna be, and then to see how much $ i should offer you for it... :D

but yeah...i'm growing impatient...

seeing what you did inspiered me to rip off the idea B) ... i was wondering if you can email me tips on how you put the bridge in with the piezo. as soon as i figure out how to add the bridge properly il start sacrificing my guitar. i got a korean strat that ive kept for several years thinking of a way to modify it. any pointers would help. if its to lengthy you can email me at pig920@austin.rr.com. any extra pictures would help :D

Are you gonna put a regular acoustic bridge on it, or a hardtail with piezo saddles?

I looked into it a bit and I think the most cost effective saddles ones if you are doing standard strat/tele/tuneomatic hardware are the Graphtech Ghost pickups. You can even call up the shop and talk to Lee. He was super nice about answering my questions. Stew Mac sells them here. LR Baggs does something similar but I think they are more expensive and less diverse.

Looks cool, although I must admit I was expecting the f-hole to be on the top side so that it wouldn't hinder controls, but that's only because it's the norm...I definately want to see the finshed product.

mmm...goats...

:D