The Comicaster- Pine Tele With A Super Theme.

I also like that you used Marvel and not DC. Stan Lee is the man.

I respectfully disagree. Stan Lee was given the job my his uncle and put his name on others work as the writer. Note that with the exception of the Silver Surfer series (which was horribly written), he didn't "write" anything without using an artist who could write as well, thus allowing him to abuse his position to hijack their work.

What Stan IS is a great huckster and salesman. He's very charismatic and a terrific face for the company.

JACK KIRBY was the man. Without Jack, we wouldn't have Marvel, period. The one positive I can say about Stan's "work" on the books he did with Jack is he gave them some focus. Kirby was overflowing with ideas & stories, but didn't have focus enough to tell them in a sensible way. Just look at his work at DC. He was given a free hand and created some great things, but frankly the stories weren't that good.

Interesting information. I cannot even come close to calling myself a comic junkie, I still harass my brother inrlaw that graphic novels and comics are the same thing. But of the comics I did read here and there as a kid Marvel was always the better publisher in my book. Better characters, better stories. Up until now all I ever knew was that Stan Lee is Marvel Comics.

Stan has been, is, and will continue to be the public face for Marvel. He's really good at it.

As for him putting his mane on their work, I have no proof other than observation and what I've been able to pick up in interviews. Nobody would ever admit it much less ask the questions.

Except for Jack Kirby, who openly called Stan a no-talent hack who only ever had a job in the industry because his uncle gave it to him. Jack was pretty bitter after he left Marvel, and his stories weren't always the most accurate, so maybe it's true, maybe not.

• 11 months later...

Every time I see the build thread, my gut instinct is to pronounce it the comi-caster, which I always think "isn't that politically incorrect?", then I remember which guitar it is and remember "oh yeah, it's that cool comic one, got it." I just thought that was funny.

• 9 months later...