Ken Lawrence Chamber Brase Bass Copy

On 9/23/2017 at 9:44 AM, Mr Natural said:

Pearl the wonder dog

Have you ever read any of Robert B. Parker's Spenser novels? Spenser had a German shorthair pointer named Pearl, that they always referred to as Pearl the wonder dog. You make me think of that every time you mention yours.

On 9/23/2017 at 9:44 AM, Mr Natural said:

So lets see- this has had a snapped truss rod repair, steamed out dents in the front, split the headstock, and repaired, and I still havent strung it up yet. Some things are cursed. 

Having just relived the curse of the ziricote, I can especially relate. Nice save. Every repair adds to the mojo.

SR

getting close, sanded out and re-oil the headstock repair with TeakOil, let it sit a week and waxed it up Friday- buffed out today. I never mentioned on this but I ended up not putting a control cavity on this one- I put the battery wrapped in foam in a tight pocket under the bridge and used just a little hide glue to keep the bridge in place. of course I forgot to take a pic until I had the bridge glued on. Only thing that will suck is once the battery dies I will have to take off strings, knock that bridge off and repeat. So I have two screw holes drilled in the back of this, for no reason. they are now officially "sound holes". 

20171001_165056.jpg

20171001_165128.jpg

• Like 1