meatloaf

Pickguard pens

meatloaf    39

IMG_0440.thumb.JPG.5fd8a10cbc84ab1a49812fe1db07b0d7.JPGI was having a bit of a clear up in my shop a few days ago and found a small piece of black/white  pickguard, instead of trashing it I opted for a experiment. after cutting it on my band saw and laminating it into a pen blank,  I then turned it on my lathe, the shavings were then used together with clear resin to mould a second pen blank.

• Like 3

Mr Natural    238

very cool. the pic appears to have a slight blueish tinge to it- is that a trick of light or maybe bleed from solvents from the black material- either way- it looks very cool- 

meatloaf    39
13 hours ago, Mr Natural said:

very cool. the pic appears to have a slight blueish tinge to it- is that a trick of light or maybe bleed from solvents from the black material- either way- it looks very cool- 

It's just my bad photography in fact they are sitting on a sheet of white paper.

Mr Natural    238
3 hours ago, meatloaf said:

It's just my bad photography in fact they are sitting on a sheet of white paper.

I am the king of bad photos- so no harm no foul there- 

Excellent recycle/reuse idea Meatloaf- especially with a material that would otherwise sit for eternity in a landfill. Well done man.