Pickguard pens

IMG_0440.thumb.JPG.5fd8a10cbc84ab1a49812fe1db07b0d7.JPGI was having a bit of a clear up in my shop a few days ago and found a small piece of black/white  pickguard, instead of trashing it I opted for a experiment. after cutting it on my band saw and laminating it into a pen blank,  I then turned it on my lathe, the shavings were then used together with clear resin to mould a second pen blank.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Mr Natural said:

very cool. the pic appears to have a slight blueish tinge to it- is that a trick of light or maybe bleed from solvents from the black material- either way- it looks very cool- 

It's just my bad photography in fact they are sitting on a sheet of white paper.

3 hours ago, meatloaf said:

It's just my bad photography in fact they are sitting on a sheet of white paper.

I am the king of bad photos- so no harm no foul there- 

Excellent recycle/reuse idea Meatloaf- especially with a material that would otherwise sit for eternity in a landfill. Well done man. 

• 2 years later...
1 hour ago, Andyjr1515 said:

Amazing.  Don't know which one I like best, but both of them blow me over :)

What is more amazing is that you are reading this post some 2 and a half years after I posted it, obviously you have too much time on your hands, maybe you need a hobby to keep yourself amused  maybe something like building really good guitars that I can drool over, oh wait a minute  you already do that.  

• Haha 1