The bird

IMG_0003.jpg

Here it is after staining. I have to finish mounting hardware and decide on controls. Neck was screwed in last night. The pickup will be a duncan JB(I have one lying around). Probably just a volume and a switch or 2 for all the cool pickup options.

I was gonna try the natural binding look, but i think its gonna end up being white moto binding.

Im using the fullserve site to host it. Maybe its too big and needs reduction for you slow pokes.-Don't know what the issue was its resolved now?

For the stain I used Minwax Ebony off the shelf at the depot.

The speaker cab below it actually uses the same colors as the bsb tutorial, i think.

I did that a few times with the black, not sure what stage this was taken at. I have to finish clearing it and then I'll post more pics.

Didnt mean to offend, well maybe just a little, with the speed comment. Hopefully It wont give me cause to be stabbed by one of wes's pointy guitars.

Am i the only one who thinks that the Firebirds are neck heavy? Or maybe it was the the extra scale length of my old "F" bass! It wasn't even playable!

The basses are notoriously heavy, I think Melvyn Hiscocks book addresses this as a design flaw. The originals with the bigger tuners would swing down and break the head off.