MetallicA coming to the ACC

I'd go if I could afford to travel a few thousand miles as well as the ticket :D saw them last year... unfortunatly I was quite far away, was at Leeds festival in England and I was at the front for System of a Down with my girlfriend... we got crushed against the railings when they started collapsing with that many people pushing... got dragged out... had to go really far back to see the rest of System and then Metallica afterwards B)

but they seriously kicked ass! hehe... hopefully will get to see them again sometime... although personally I think Maiden are better live than Metallica... but each to their own I guess :D

I went when they came to aus

I had my doubts going in, because since st. anger came out ive seen some pretty dodgy shows, but they really turned it on, and it was bloody awesome! best concert ive ever been to.... even though, we dont get all that many quality metal acts coming through here. I was a bit annoyed cause at my show they didnt play puppets, justice, battery or fade to black, but i wasnt too annoyed cause they played most of the ones they missed at the Big Day Out show the day beore which I was at :D

best 2 days ever B)

i did feel a bit annoyed having to go to big day out though :|

bloody teeny bopper fest.

I stopped going to concerts when ticket prices went up well past the $40 mark for the crap seats. There's no way on earth i'm paying $75 a pop for nosebleed seats. The promoters have lost their minds.

Several major concert tours have been cancelled or cut short this summer because of poor ticket sales. Gee... i wonder why?

Man I totally agree with the insanely priced tickets... festivals get stupidly expensive, but at least you get to see quite a few bands... you go and see a normal concert and generally the support acts really suck cus they're RARELY anywhere in the same genre as the actual band playing...

I just payed £70.95 for two tickets to go and see Deep Purple in november... thats what approx $129.51... thats like $64.75 per person, including all the booking fees and stuff the slap on top... kinda crazy really...

It's the same problem as CD's, they wonder why people buy copies and download MP3's when a new release album is £15? and any band thats mega famous has their albums constantly at £15?!

Personally I just wait till sales are on... grab Metallica and Maiden albums for like £7 :D

i agree with you

the prices are ridiculous

im already paying 60$ to see dream theater and now they just announced metallca is coming to montreal.

theyre selling the tickets 4 months before the actual show! B) greedy bastards

the only band that isnt bad at ticket prices is iron maiden.

i went to see them last january and they were selling tickets for 49$ wherever you sit. it was first come first served.thats really low prices compared to metallica.

i dont like metallica that much anymore... :D

maiden has the craziest light shows and props!

the metallica tickets just went on sale here and the web ordering site is so packed up it says i have to wait till it clears up

quote from site :

We are now at the maximum number of users.

Please try again in a few minutes by clicking the Refresh button of your browser

have a look www.admission.com

its crazy! :D

yeah I saw Maiden in December, think it cost me *converts to USD* .... $45... Maiden was very good, I prefer them live to Metallica...

i saw them in december too.....where did you see them?

they totally kicked ass.

the poor funeral for a friend werent given a chance :D

i saw them in december too.....where did you see them?

they totally kicked ass.

the poor funeral for a friend werent given a chance B)

I saw them at Sheffield arena :D

Funeral for a Friend SUCKED big time... the singer was a complete retard! "this song is about goblins ahahahaha".... "this song is also about goblins... and ORKS! ahahahah"

and the singer was REALLY crap at singing too, so he couldnt even get away with his retardedness... the music was ok, just I didn't like the singer or his singing :D

but its not as bad as the support act for Chili Peppers in Manchester! funk rock band... and they get some eurovision song contest late entries to support or something... lol

Chicks on Speed... OH... MY... GOD... THEY... SUUUUUUCKED...

but James Brown afterwards... that was ace!

Funeral for a Friend SUCKED big time... the singer was a complete retard! "this song is about goblins ahahahaha".... "this song is also about goblins... and ORKS! ahahahah"

LMAO

i cant stop laughing at that.

maiden played them off the stage, and the fans didnt even give them a chance, lol.

Tonight.........Milwaukee, Wisconsin........The Bradley Center...............and I passed on tickets............ :D

It's my b-day and I was invited to go for $80 a pop with 2 tix available from a friend, but I am going to see a friend jam in Madison instead. I would rather support a fellow starving bass player than give Metallica my $160...........But I do LOVE Metallica. It was a tough choice but friends come first for me............. B)

You folks are obviously bigger 'tallica fans than I, though I did watch "Cliff 'Em All" 8 times in a row one weekend. I'm doing a little research on a project, and figured I'd ask the hardest of the hardcore fans:

Does Metallica have *any* songs that refer to Satanism?

If you could list Album, Song and the specific lyrics, that'd be cool.

TIA.

Sorry for the thread hi-jack. I'll be quick in and out. :-)

I saw Metallica back in 98 (in Brisbane) and also again last January (at the entertainment area, not the BDO)

In 98, we lined up at 2pm to get inside- I think the doors opened at 7, and they came on at about 9. It was worth it- we were front row for the first hour (then lost strgnth, and ended up about 4 or so people in)

at the last concert, we had the seats in the mosh area, and were again lucky enoughh to be front row.

It was erally cool how the front section is set up in concerts now (a girl was crushed to death at the BDO in Sydney a couple of years back) so there is so much concern for safety.

I was able to leave and make a quick phonecall, and STILL be back in the front row (right near where they hand out water to the peoples who crowd surf over the barrier thing). I think they limit how many tickets are sold for that area at the front -maybe 2-300 (?) it really wasnt that many people.

I actually got a pick from James (they throw out handfulls and handfulls of picks at the end)- the Pick has a cartoon of Lars on it.

A cool momento, and a great gig.

The Rolling Stones is a really great gig to catch, if you can, but I didnt like Dylan when I saw him (it was a real letdown)

well, take care,

luke

Hey Kevan,

I dont think that Metallica has any satanic lyrics,most are based on JAYMZ`S personal life and movies they have seen(mama said,creeping death).

Jason may disagree but I havent seen him in awhile so I couldnt ask

cya :-))