been gone for a while...

I've been taking it easy and not posting the last couple of weeks. I've got alot done with the time off, but look forward to coming back more often. We got a P-Bass completely finished, neck jigged, and everything. It's the same color as the Strat because the guy saw the strat and wanted a bass like that. It has ghost flames on the back.... turned out pretty neat I think. But would have like it better on the front myself..

bass03.jpg

Also got some quilted maple billets in, here's one I just bought.. I don't think I can post another image, so I'll post a link.

http://www.guitarfrenzy.com/quilted02.jpg

Been watching alot of football lately also.. so it's been a nice break. Project Guitar is a great place for guitar builders to trade ideas and watch people build truely amazing guitars. So can someone post me the link to the new rules so I'll know. Thanks..

Has the total post count been wiped away yet or is it gonna get changed?..

Glad to be back..

Thanks Gorecki.. how's things been going for you? Yeah, I just need to know the rules so I can understand what is right and wrong nowdays.. B)

Very well thank you very much. :D

One of these days I'm gonna have something to show off here, I keep spraying and sanding back my tele and it never seems thick enough so I'm gonna keep spraying clear till the darn thing looks good darn it. :D

I have four strat's (parts) I wanna get done before xmas for my girls (ones for me) and afraid I won't get there.

Otherwise, life is well, and very glad to see you here, I admire your work very much, you, Jehle and others give ME reason to believe I'll have a 'from scratch' in the works before I'm 40. :D

Otherwise, life is well, and very glad to see you here, I admire your work very much, you, Jehle and others give ME reason to believe I'll have a 'from scratch' in the works before I'm 40. B)

I know that feeling. Hopefully mine will be done before I'm 40. I was 25 last week and I've been working on it for a year :D

Works sopped again until I can find someone with a Dremel and a belt sander that I can borrow.

Oh....Nice flames GF

Thanks Kevan... How's things going your way? I'm sorry that I was arguing about the rules and stuff earlier on, and will accept any rules you guys make from here on out. I found out that it's not worth arguing over when I got way too many projects to do in the first place, enough to keep me tied up for a very long time.. lol

Gorecki... if your using spray nitro or arcylic lacquer it is gonna take 12 to 15 coats to build up enough to wet sand later. It goes on so thin that it really takes alot or your gonna have sandthrough no matter how careful you are. I learned all that the hard way, believe you me.. lol

Hotrock.. we'll at least your making progress and that's all that counts. BTW.. what do you need a Dremel for, inlays? I've only used my Dremel a couple of times and it was to practice inlay work, since the next guitar will have some neater inlay work. Too bad we all don't have CNC machines for inlay work... lol

Gorecki... if your using spray nitro or arcylic lacquer it is gonna take 12 to 15 coats to build up enough to wet sand later. It goes on so thin that it really takes alot or your gonna have sandthrough no matter how careful you are. I learned all that the hard way, believe you me.. lol

You nailed it. :D

I started sanding after 7 coats (arcylic) and though I haven't had any sand throughs yet I started lightly sanding after every 3 coats and sitting for a week in between. I believe now what I've been doing is spraying 3 and then turning around and sanding it off. :D

So this weekend I hope to get in 6-9 coats then the same the following weekend and see where I stand.

Jumping into the inlay convo....I really want to do some but not going anywhere near it until I can manage to do a decent fret job which I haven't even attempted yet. We'll get there. B)

Sorry guys.. glad you liked it, but I don't have time to write a bunch of tutorials nowdays. Besides, none of the tutorials I've done has ever appeared in the tutorial sections, so I just figured I was wasting my time. So I better just stay in the shop and put more time into building and less into showing how.

I can respect that. I very much enjoyed your strat tutor and actually have your site bookmarked for future reference. I considered doing a detailed nut replacement tutorial that would go into all details of nuts and efforts to get them done and realized I don't have the time.

Besides, none of the tutorials I've done has ever appeared in the tutorial sections, so I just figured I was wasting my time.
GF- Get me links to them, and we'll try to get them in there.

I honestly don't remember you asking for them to be added to the Tutorials section on the main site.

Everyone: If you do complete a nice tutorial, and would like to see it on the main site, you need to let us know. Email Brian or myself and we'll talk about getting it up there.

• 2 weeks later...
Besides, none of the tutorials I've done has ever appeared in the tutorial sections, so I just figured I was wasting my time.
GF- Get me links to them, and we'll try to get them in there.

I honestly don't remember you asking for them to be added to the Tutorials section on the main site.

Everyone: If you do complete a nice tutorial, and would like to see it on the main site, you need to let us know. Email Brian or myself and we'll talk about getting it up there.

alright Kevan, I have sent you the links, if you guys think they are worth putting on the PG main site that is. Again thanks Kevan...

That is a beautiful blue you created, very impressive :D