My Evh "tribute" Strat

It comes in rattle can too. I don't know the price localy, but when I was in TX I paid about $7. for 1 can, I only do a dusted coat or 2 so it goes a long way, after it I start with the primer. If you plan on bending the piece, I would suggest you have the colors made in an automotive paint place and tell them that you need it for a flexible application. I ask it that way, don't know the right terminology but they know what I mean, it's an additive that help the paint flex with the piece that it is sprayed on and won't cracke when bent, it's used a lot for fiberglass and rubber painting. If you don't plan on bending it don't worry and use the duplicolor.

here is a link to the one that HOK sells, but you can get it n cans of different brands

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok update thing....i checked the primer and everything looks pretty strong. Its been about 2 hours and its pretty stuck on there. Im going to let it sit and check in the morning. If everythings cool i spray the base black tomr and take pics!

EDITThanks for the idea MzI but the inverted colors dont look good. I photoshoped it and it didnt look pretty. Im going to photoshop it with the same colors and post both pics...

Edited by AlGeeEater

Ho...i´m with CRAFTY in this ...put black pick ups and Black Knobs and i pretty sure it will look great!!.. :D

use photoshop..and post a picture..

you can let people choose... :D ..if you want, of course..

i´m not a fan of Eddie´s guitar, neither strats.. but yours looks good..i always like Black & yellow Combinations.. B)

cheers..

MzI, your a genius bro, i painted it inverted and put it on the face of the guitar and its a real brain teaser cause its like lookin at black then yellow i dunno. I kind of messed up on the pickgaurd to. I got a couple of runs because my spray can went crazy but it looks really relic-ish...

Crafty, thats what i plan on using. Black covers and knobs. Also a little black thing for the end of the tremelo bar. If i dont block off the trem yet...

vladdrac, thanks man! I wasnt sure if the color combo would turn out good but i just ran with it and it came out pretty sweet!

Im almost done, im going to spray a few clear coats today after school on the pickgaurd and take pics. I still dont have the black covers for the pickups or knobs but i will be getting them today from my music store.

I was also thinking about doing the headstock the same color scheme as the body...

Edited by AlGeeEater

• 2 weeks later...

OK, 98 percent done. Sanded, buffed and cleaned. Now i just gotta wait for the knobs, tuners and pickup covers to arrive. This is the only time i have acess to my moms cam so its a little early but here she is...

DSC00564.jpg

http://photobucket.com/albums/v460/AlGeeEater/

^thats the rest of them. Comments would be nice B)

i also have pics of the chunk of clear i took outta my acoustic :D

Im also starting a new project for thanksgiving/christmas?summer breaks. Its a late 80's Kramer body.

Edited by AlGeeEater

Yea i know, the bends totally suck. I kind or rushed it to. I was getting ancy. But hey, i love guitars and i wana do something with them in my life.

New body maybe this summer. Once im done with that Kramer!

Just saw your post Mike, after i posted this. Im a huge fan of them also. I was considering them on my kramer, but i dont want to be like EVH tooo much :D

Edited by AlGeeEater

Wow, that turned out great! It's like, you almost get dizzy from staring at it because your eyes just can't focus because of the inverse pickguard.

I know Ed didn't much care for people copying his "art", but I think he'd really like this one. Especially since he recorded "Cathedral" on a stock, single coil Strat.

Good job, man. :D

I like it a lot!

Maybe this would be taking the idea too far, but what if the pickup covers had no showing polepieces, and continued the pickguard pattern; or were and try to stay with me now, inverse of the pickguard, thus the regular pattern? Whoa, trippy.... I think it deserves a smiley: :D

All in all, great job though!

Crafty, imagine it in person. Its so much dizzier for some reason :D I hope he would like it, so then he doesnt sue my a@@ B):D .Im sure he would tho, thanks!

skibum, thats a great idea! I could just paint over the pole pieces no? If i new i would definatly do it. I thought about it a couple of times.

Dont be afraid to ask questions if you want!