What The...

sepultura999

Yeah, I've played with (VG's) Willie Moseley's Fishbone at a couple of guitar shows - it's playable, kinda like the deepest scalloped neck you've ever seen. Unusual, but I can see where it would sure teach you to keep your thumb off the back of the neck. All in all, a very cool piece, especially since it's an Allan Gittler handmade, and not the later production guitar.

From what I understand, Mr. Gittler emigrated to Israel and changed his name to Avraham Bar Rashi, but continued to produce cutting edge instruments until his death in April 2002 at 73. Willie did an interview with him in VG a couple of years before his death - it's on the VG website somewhere.

Lovekraft- thanks for the insight. One of these days I hope to try one out. They sound like a lot of fun. Too bad there's no trem. :D

Hey Kevan did you ever get the Hyrogliphics ( spelling?) on the RG EGYPT Transcribed??? If so what did they say?
Eddie- I sent pics of the hieroglyphics to a professor at the Univ. Of Illinois-Chicago, but haven't heard back from him. I think he forgot about me. :-) No worries though, I got the main ones (the large characters). Someday, when I have a pantload more time, I'll figure out the other ones.

Here's a quick link for you guys:

http://www.ibanezregister.com/Gallery/grou...van%20geier.htm

Enjoy!