Help Idiot Build Metal Rig!

Drak

Looks quite impressive, eh?

Wish I knew the first thing about how to use it!

I going to gather all the manuals and just read read read.

I started reading the Behringer manual last night.

I THINK, that I'm going to start out with the Behringer 1010 and the amp, just those two, get those hooked up and figure them out, then start adding in the effects. You have to start somewhere, and I'm not sure it's a good idea to try and tackle everything hooked up all at once.

I think that's a logical way to approach it, but if that's wrong, someone tell me now, while I'm just still reading.

But.......the 'Help Idiot Build Metal Rig' thread, I think, is closed, as the rig is pretty much built now.

The NEW thread will be 'Help Drak Learn To Use His Rack Rig' hahahaa!!

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me know when you start the new thread. I would recommend starting with FCB, Pre and g-major (using presets). You may not get the sound dialed in right away, but you'll get the hang of how to program the FCB and set up the pre and g-major to change from sound to sound with the slap of a footswitch!

I just downloaded the TBR-1 manual and the Piranha manual, the Behringer manual came in the box.

I can't find the TC Electronic G-Major manual yet, I'll have to e-mail the guy I bought it from and see if he has it, I can't imagine anyone owning one and not having the manual for it...maybe he just forgot, small detail dontcha know...

This is like taking a friggin' college course, hahaha, these manuals are both quite long, not to mention the TC G-Major I'm sure is probably long too, but I am a big believer in reading manuals, so I'll read everything before I even plug it in, I have lots of other stuff to do before I hunker down with it anyway, gotta get all this gear sold to finance this little operation...

This is like being thrown in the deep end of the pool, but I'm enjoying it, as long as I get the other stuff sold so it will really be just a gear exchange in the end, and a long-needed cleaning-out of unnecessary gear. B)

Thanks Scott for the link. :D

PS, this is what I meant about giving the guitar-building thing a break each year. Building guitars is the furthest thing from my mind right now, more interested in amps, cabs, recovers, and practicing than building guitars.

Keeps it fresh so it doesn't get old dontcha know. :D

Very Cool Gorecki, thanks a million!  :D

50 more FREAKIN'  pages of information.

Do I get a degree at the end of this? B)  :D

No problem!

Consider yourself lucky, most of my Synth module manuals exceed 200 pages.

No degree, but you could be qualified to tell someone else who owns the same stuff they don't know what they're doing! :D

So you're available to make backing tracks with all that synth knowledge, huh?

:D  :D  :D

PS, what the heck exactly is your new avatar?

Sure, but it makes Julian fries much more quickly and I don't have to worry about copyrights. :D

Actually, it's the album cover (most of it) I was going to release in '95 and never did. Once I got it all done, figured no one in there right mind would actually pay money for it. B)

Edit: Guess I'd better explain 'what' it is, it's a circle of 5ths thing also including the zodiac. In those years another guy and I had this wierd theory we were into on reading music from a circle (not circle of 5ths) and that tonality could be created with Geometry. It's trippy stuff but it worked.

Edited by Gorecki

I know I've already said it, but I could not have come within a few stellar light years of having this go as smoothly as it has without all your help, man is it appreciated on this end. 

Y'all  :D  B)  :D

like isaid a bit earlier in the post, just think of it as payback for all the time you've sepnt answering questions on neck angles and finishes lol