2 New Projects For The Year

I got the binding glued, least i think i do. Ive been repairing it all week long. The first time i glued it i didnt use a thick enough bead of glue (didnt know i had too). SO over the past week little parts of it have been coming undone and ive been reparing them, but i think i finally got all the weak bonds reglued good. Today i started rounding over my v neck, its coming along nicely for only an hours work. Tomarrow i will finish the rounding and sand it with 60 girt then move to my jem neck and round and 60 grit it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey now That's DEADLY Im useing green too man :D

Now I want some pic's of the guitars!! B)

!!METAL MATT!! :D

Metal Matt, be advised that green leds doesnt nessacaryly mean that color of green. The first time i bought my blue ones, i got green with them, but when i lit them up they were bright yellow green instead of bright green. If you want help with anything send me and im on msn or something.

Ok so Duff I Like the look of your green LED's I was woundering where you got them from

• 3 weeks later...

I got my neck cut down to size so it fits in the neck pocket, i just need to finish rounding it all over and its done. I say some body blanks sitting there that i had glued up a while ago and started another V body out. Its going to be the guitar im making for my girlfriend. So ill post some pics and specs as i get that going.

Hey Man Is that A textured Finish? :D It sure look's Like One in that big pic!

That Is The exact way I want my finish to look!! B)

Hey Matt, I think that is some kind of a chrome or very reflective finish and the texture you are seeing is actually the reflection of the ceiling texture.

HAHAHA B) Well Than :D It Look's just Like What I want!

Well, a lot of work was done today. I cut out that 2nd V body for the next project (yeah all ready preparing for the next one) plus i got a lot done on my maple neck. I got a out of rounding over done, then realized that the amount of wood there was not enough for a decent heel (some of you may remember my theard about heels on necks) so i got a scrap piece of birdseye and glued it on. Tomarrow i will go back, finish the heel off and possible get the whole neck rounded over. I will keep you posted

• 2 months later...

Well, wow its been a long time since ive updated anything on this.Of course not a whole lot of progrss has been done, dont you hate when you dont have enough time to do anything at all?? Well im finally updating what i have, infact im gonna say just everything that is done cause all of you have prolly forgot whats going on by now.

Jem body = done, except tummy curve (doing this tomarrow)

Jem neck = done, just needs sanding

Jem Fretboard = leds installed, binding on, just needs to be sand down to match (tomarrow)

V body = Done, needs minor work done on the electronics cavity (doing tomarrow)

V neck = done, just need to make heel on it to fit body

V fretboard = done, leds installed, binding on, just needs to be sand down to match (tomarrow)

So i i just have some minor things to do, im going to be doing a lot this weekend cause i have the whole weekend off, :D for once in my life lol. So im deicating my weeked to finishing up and as much of these projects as possible. Ill keep you guys updated.

Well for keping me Waiting, I DEMAND PIC'S!!! :D